“great time in Prescott, AZ”

A Haunting Experience Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Prescott
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Prescott, Arizona is an "Old West" city with a diverse history full of legend and lore. Tours start at 7:00pm, Firday, Saturday and Sunday nights. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED Join us as we stroll the streets of downtown Prescott, visiting some of its most storied - and haunted - sites. Our tour begins at a haunted hotel and ends at a haunted saloon. We provide quality tours that blend local legend, history and ghost stories. Come along on the adventure, walk with us back in time and greet some of the ghosts that linger here. This is a 2 hour walking tour, so wear comfortable shoes, bring water, and dress appropriately for the weather. Cameras are encouraged, as some have actually captured ghostly phenomena.
Prescott, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great time in Prescott, AZ”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I did this tour and had a fantastic time. We loved hearing about the town's Old West history and seeing the local haunted places. I took some pictures and had a number of orbs appear at one of the locations. We loved this tour and would recommend it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ClaudiaGroute66
Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Claudia, I'm so glad you and your husband had a great time on the tour and learned something new. It was great meeting you both and hope to see you on the tour again.

Sedona, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fun and very interesting!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Prescott has a very-west and very fascinating history, and Darlene makes it come alive. And in addition to all the history Prescott is full of ghost stories! I'm not as into the ghost stuff as my friend who planned the trip was, but somehow the ghost tales greatly enhanced the history. Fun!!! It was the perfect combination of walk, listen, photograph and ask questions, took place on a beautiful night, and was the highlight of our trip. We still talk about it. I definitely recommend this tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Linda D
Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Linda, thank you for your review and I'm so glad you had fun and hopefully learned something new about Prescott. The town is definitely full of history and ghosts. Thank you for going on my tour.
Surrey, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“spooky meets history”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband & I are from Vancouver, B.C. We took my aunt & uncle from Phoenix on Darlene's tour in October. Because my uncle has severe Parkinson's disease & has mobility problems, I spoke to Darlene & she agreed to give us a private tour during the day. We were able to get around @ my uncles pace. I don't know anyone who would do that. Prescott has such an interesting history & Darlene knows all about it, ghosts & all. We could all recommend this tour to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Terry,

It was my pleasure to make special arrangements for you and your family. I so enjoyed the time we had together and getting to share the wonderful stories of history and ghosts of Prescott.
Tempe, Arizona
“Haunted snooze fest of a tour”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I think the host didn't add much to the event and made it a little boring. I would expect a livelier tour guide based on what we paid. It would have been nice to go in some of the haunted locations however we stood outside the majority of them.

Visited October 2013
Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Kelly, Thank you for the feedback regarding your tour experience. I feel quite honored by the businesses that do allow us inside their property to talk about the haunts that go on there. In the haunted places we are allowed, many people have experienced or photographed paranormal activity as well as the alley we visit with tons of history and ghosts.

I know the night your group attended, a huge group had already booked and you wanted to fit your group into the tour making it a much larger than normal. I hope on your next trip to Prescott you visit some of the other places we talked about and get a "feel" for the energy there.

Thank you for your feedback. Darlene Wilson, Owner & Tour Guide
Show Low, Arizona, United States
“Fun and Knowledgeable”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My mother and I had the best time on Darlene's tour, it was the highlight of our trip. My Mom and I learned so much about the town and its History on top of hearing about the ghost who still inhabit the streets and buildings of downtown Prescott. I recommend this tour to everyone I can and I am already looking forward to doing it again on my next trip. Not only will you leave this tour with a wonderful knowledge of the Ghost and History of Prescott but you will leave a Haunting Experience Tours with a new friend in Darlene. Give her a call and check it out. Wear comfortable walking shoes and don't for get your cameras! I recommend more then one if you can.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jennifer W
Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind words and I'm so glad you and your mother had fun. I love giving the tours and want everyone to walk away knowing something more about this amazing town and also see it as it was a hundreds years ago.

You never know when the ghosts are going to show up or express themselves but the possibility of it happening is always there...and some have experienced, seen and photographed interesting things.

I look forward to seeing you again.