“Cheerful atmosphere, good food!”

Plaza Bonita mexican
Ranked #52 of 216 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“Cheerful atmosphere, good food!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is a favorite of a few friends, so I decided to try it. I was immediately impressed with its cheerful and colorful décor! It is filled with authentic painted Mexican furniture and the tables each have Carved wooden fruit. Service was friendly and good. I had the Camarones Mexicanos and it was excellent! Large shrimp, peppers, onions, tomatoes, avocado and tortillas. Portion was large and seasoned nicely. Two of my companions had Taco Salads which they said were good, but not really special. The last person in our party had a burrito which was huge and he said it was very good. In a town with a ton of Mexican restaurants, this one deserves a try!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank abudebbie

Prescott, Arizona
“Just Ok..”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Husband & I have dined at Plaza Bonita several times; that is before we realized there were other much better mexican restaurants in the Prescott area! I can't say anything terrible about it other than it is "just ok"! Its more like mexican fast food. Pretty certain everything is pre-made & under heat lamps back in the kitchen. How else could your entire meal come to your table in less than 4 minutes flat? The margaritas are good & they do have a full bar in the front section complete with bar stools & large screen tv. The atmosphere is festive & reminds me a lot of the old "Chi Chi's chain. The service is acceptable for what it is but they do always seem to be in a hurry to get you in and out FAST! In fact, you're barely seated before they attack you for your order! Its just a very generic experience right down to the ho hum complimentary salsa & chips they serve to your table. If you're in the mood for some really good authentic mexican food loaded with flavor, check out El Charro downtown.

• Visited May 2013
Yuma, Arizona
“OK Resturant-Good Food -Medium Service”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is pretty much a typical Mexican 'Restaurant chain (they have restaurants in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Kingman, Flagstaff, Cottonwood and elsewehre). Very nicely decorated but service lacks a bit, at least when I was there. I was seated immediately and received traditional chips and dip and menu quickly. But, before I hardly had a chance to look over the menu my server was there wanting to know if I was ready to order. I said I needed a bit more time-and once I decided he gave me even more time before he finally took my order. Food as delivered quickly and it was good-but tht was about the last time I saw my server (I think he came by once and only once even though he was taking orders all around me). Also, it was either the din of noise (and it was not that loud) or my server had an accent and at lest a couple of times I had to ask him to repeat what he said. I think it was a combination of both-the noise (there was music coming from somewhere, the bar section I believe), although not loud, combined with his rather thick accent created a "perfect storm" of having a hard time fully understanding him. He may have been new as it took him quite a bit more time to pick up payment and get receipt back to me to sign once I put the card in the folder. However, that did not keep me from enjoying the meal (which was good, not fantastic, but good) and there was plentyi of it.

• Visited August 2013
Mentone, California
“VERY GOOD FOOD AND SERVIVE”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a pleasure to visit on Friday night July 12 after driving all day. We stayed next door at the Best Western. I used my scooter to drive thru the large parking lot, and nice to see PLAZA BONITA had ADA ramps and doors. The building was airconditioned, but if you had your dod with you, the patio was open. Nice to find a hotel and restaurant ''pet friendly''.

The service was good and the food way above average. Tasty and hot, and full of flavor. Lot's of food. The place was full of local patrons, and once we ate we understood why. I will eat here again. The bill was very fair also.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego
“Great Mexican in Prescott Valley”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We came here on local's recommendation and were not disappointed. The plates aren't plates, they're platters. The shrimp diabla was cooked perfectly with a fair amount of heat. Margaritas were large and potent and just sweet without being cloying. Service was fast and the prices are good.

Visited July 2013

Been to Plaza Bonita mexican? Share your experiences!