“GOOD FOOD-GOOD AMBIANCE-DECENT PRICING”
Review of Rosa's Pizzeria

Rosa's Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 222 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“GOOD FOOD-GOOD AMBIANCE-DECENT PRICING”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I took a client (buyer) and a home seller to Rosa's for dinner about a week ago. This place takes NO reservations; first come first served. It used to be a barbecue place but that did not work. Prescott is a Mexican and Italian town for the most part from an eating standpoint. Two blocks from the courthouse square and one and a half short blocks from the parking garage; so this is in a great location. The food is very good; the selection is great; even veal (hard to find anymore) if you eat that; I did. The veal marsala was fabulous. I did not want the pasta so they sold me a bowl of broccoli for an additional $2.50 I think. HINT: There was enough broccoli to feed 3-4 people; family size bowl. The only rub I had about the restaurant was our waiter; overly aggressive wise-guy type; I can take some of that but it went too far. He was training a nice young man who even rolled his eyes a few times. I think the experienced waiter was trying to impress or audition for something. Back to the food and service: very good with that exception. We got out of there for about $24 each; including tip and one drink each. I highly recommend this place. I hope they attract a regular clientele and are able to stay in business long term.

• Visited May 2012

Utah
“Replace "Pizzeria" with "Ristorante" in your mind!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were advised to go early or late in order not to have too long of a wait for a table (no reservations taken). Even though the place was already quite crowded by 5:30 pm, they soon managed to shuffle a couple of tables to accommodate our group of eleven, including one in a wheelchair.

The service was sudden, friendly, and competent. Our server mixed up one beer order, but that mistake was easily solved by drinking both beers! There were several entree specials for the evening and we had the advice of three local people in our group and we all found lots of choices on the extensive menu.

I ordered one of the evening specials, but thank goodness they were already out of it by 6 pm. Instead of that special, a nephew advised me to join him in ordering the Chicken in Martini sauce, I think it was, and it was quite a meal. I've never had anything nearly like the sauce on the huge lightly breaded and sauteed thin chicken breast served atop angel hair pasta and smothered in fresh peas and asparagus. Wow! What a meal. My strapping nephew managed to finish it all, but I had a little pile of pasta left at the end.

Others had penne pasta with a pink vodka (!) sauce, and they all seemed to like that choice, as did one of us who chose the Italian dumplings. We all enjoyed large salads which we shared "family style," and two or three of us ordered pizzas that were very good. Not a bad meal at the table, except the one who ordered veal seemed a little disappointed in the preparation of that dish.

Noisy? Yes, but sort of in a pleasant manner. The restaurant has a very high tin ceiling, so there is lots of room for all that noise. In a group as large as ours it was a little hard to communicate from one end of the tables to the other, but adjacent people had no trouble at all in sharing conversation and entrees.

Rosa's is a totally enjoyable experience, start to finish. The prices are moderate, the portions huge and good, and the decor fascinating. Don't miss this place, just a block off the town square and Whiskey Row.

• Visited May 2012
Prescott, Arizona
“WOW!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Close to the square, a short walk brings you to Rosa's, the incarnation of the old Porky's BBQ. It's incredible! I have only eaten there three times (two of which I had just a slice of cheese pizza), and I was amazed. It's always crowded (a good sign), and the Italian dumplings I had for dinner one night were amazing!! Enough for two meals (I took home a doggie bag), and the sauce was perfect. Service is attentive and the food can't be beat. Can't wait to go back and try everything they serve!

Visited April 2012
Cape Cod Mass
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Wow is all I can say. The owner hostess greated us right away and offerred us a drink while we were waiting for our table. Of course it was billed to our table. The wait wasn't long but the place was hopping. If you are looking for fine dining this isn't the place to go but if you are looking for great food and great service this is the place to go. New York style food. It was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about Rosa's. If you are in Prescott you need to go. Everyone was wonderful even the cook came out and asked if everything was ok.

Visited May 2012
Arizona
“Good food at Rosa's”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Rosa's serves the best Italian food in the area. It's fresh, tasty and always just what I'm in the mood for. The only problem with this restaurant is the noise. The building is an old store front, and it needs some sound baffleing. It's hard to carry on a conversation while you are eating.

• Visited March 2012