“Very disappointed”

Prescott Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Prescott Steakhouse offers the best quality beef and seafood available. We feature hand carved steaks, fresh seafood and exquisite chops, ribs, chicken and pasta dishes.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Should have known when there were so few cars in the parking lot!
Restaurant decor was outdated, no one was at the door to seat us. Menu was a typical steakhouse menu, nothing special and the food lived up to our first impression, outdated and nothing special. We were very disappointed with our steaks, sweet potatoes and in the overall experience. With so many choices in Prescott, we would never go back

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We hadn't been to the Prescott Steak House before and thought we would give it a try. Boy are we glad we did. My husband had Prime Rib (Cooked perfect,) I had the Garlic Rosemary chicken (half a chicken), and our friends had the Pan seared, herb crusted Salmon and fish and chips (the fish was super flakey and breaded just right according to my friend) The new chef there "Travis" came out and talked with us about the changes being made and the new wonderful dishes they are serving. They have a Ladies Night on Sat. now with half off the martini's, margaritas and appetizers and the live music was such a wonderful touch to the evening. I guess they will starting an Early Bird dinner too within in the next week, I believe he said from 4-6. Anyway thank you Prescott Steak House for a great time!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wanted to like this place - I really did. But it's not to be.

We arrived for lunch at about 12:45pm. There was no hostess to seat us, and we were unsure whether we should seat ourselves. After about five minutes a server bustled by and told us we could seat ourselves. We sat at our table for almost 10 minutes before being greeted or given water. The only server (being helped intermittently by the bartender and even someone from the kitchen) was doing her best and being very polite, but was clearly overwhelmed.

There was an event going on in a private dining room, and it seemed as though that event drained server resources from the main dining room. Poor planning/staffing on the part of management. By the way, there did not seem to be an active manager on site during this lunch debacle.

I ordered a medium rare burger and sweet potato tots. My husband ordered a medium rare steak sandwich and onion rings. When our orders arrived, the meat on both orders was overdone - medium well instead of medium rare. My husband's onion rings (an up charge from french fries) were burned. That plate should not have been served. My sweet potato tots were the only thing that were perfect.

The server was clearly embarassed, and adjusted our bill to remove 2 glasses of wine. She whispered to us what she was doing. Apparently management would not approve.

I stopped to use the ladies room on the way out, and the level of cleanliness was not acceptable.

Friends told us that Prescott Steakhouse was good when it opened. When we told them our experience, they said food and service has declined since opening. Too bad. We will not return.

1  Thank RunawayBoomer
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved Sat. ladies night! Great half off prices on the Martinis and Manhatans. The apps were very good as well and they have added music too. It was'nt too loud and we could enjoy a conversations while they played. Wonderful service. My husband had a really great ribeye cooked perfect. We will be back.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

the steak and the burgers are very good.I did have the salmon special 1 night and enjoy that is well.they sometimes run out of my favorite food. For example, the last time I was there they were out of top sirloin steak.the servers are generally very good and efficient.the atmosphere is still reminiscent of the old Chinese cafe that was there before.but all in all a real good place to have big steak or prime rib dinner.

1  Thank Patrick H