“Everything made there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Genovese's

Genovese's
Ranked #23 of 216 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings
Prescott, AZ
“Everything made there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have had lunch at Genovese's twice now and it was excellent both times. I recommend the calamari salad. Today, had half a sandwich and a cup of soup. The soup was lentil bean and delicious. The sandwich was roasted vegetables which were very good, but the real winner was the home made bread on which the sandwich was served.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Lima, Peru
“Friendly and covenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The person who received us was very friendly. Menu was extensive and the complimentary garlic bread was good. The food was above average and plentifull. I had the veal marsala and my wife had the mussels. Good price, would definetly return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank trabel
Tucson, AZ
“Looks like the favorite date night location for the tourists and locals”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The service, prices, and food are all fine. Not spectacular, but fine. The Caprese salad was awesome. It has a very friendly vibe.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank azplaya
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Generous Portions; Good Prices; So-So Food; SLOW Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first time at Genovese's. I arrived at 11:40am and there was only one other patron group in the restaurant. I was seated and my order taken promptly. However, it went downhill from there. Soon thereafter the place got very busy. There was only one server and it was like one of those on-line time management games, watching him try to keep up with seating customers, taking orders, delivering food, etc. It took a while to get my food, and it was too salty for my taste. The server was so busy, he never got back to ask me how my food was or to note that I needed more water. When I was finished with my meal, I sat for easily 30 minutes trying to get my check. I was tempted to walk out and see if they would notice me then. I had my credit card ready when he brought my check, so I wouldn't have to wait for him to return and take my payment. This is obviously a popular place for lunch, but I will not be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Italian food?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Being from Boston and New York, respectively, my wife and I were anticipating a great meal at Genovese's. Truly, this was the worst meal we have experienced in quite some time. I truly hesitate to call this meal Italian-I am a chef myself and have never eaten or prepared such food and called it Italian! We ordered the vegetarian antipasti as a first course, and were perplexed when our server ask us what dressing we would like-in our opinion, antipasti should come with a marinade or at least with flavored olive oil. The mushrooms ad artichokes were completely dry, without flavor. The salad came with one cheese; a few deli slices or provolone or mozzarella, it was so tasteless we were actually unsure which cheese it was. We barely touched the plate and our server took it away and made no comment. This was another faux pas on her part. My wife ordered the eggplant milanese. What she received was a plate of chunky, eggplant pieces covered with thick, gooey cheese and no millanese sauce at all. I ordered the chicken giovanna..which was supposed to include some chicken marsala. In all my years of cooking and dining out, I have never had chicken marsala covered in cheese. Yes, this did. The sauce was watery-I ate a few bites and couldn't choke down much more.
The service was quite bad in the sense that we barely touched our food and no comment was made about our satisfaction. The owner was quite busy walking around greeting what seemed to be regular diners and she never came by our table to inquire why we were not pleased with our meal. She seemed more intent on socializing.
Honestly, I am sure that Olive Garden probably has better food that Genovese's!

• Visited July 2013