“Looks like the favorite date night location for the tourists and locals”
Review of Genovese's

Genovese's
Ranked #22 of 221 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tucson, AZ
“Looks like the favorite date night location for the tourists and locals”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The service, prices, and food are all fine. Not spectacular, but fine. The Caprese salad was awesome. It has a very friendly vibe.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank azplaya

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Generous Portions; Good Prices; So-So Food; SLOW Service”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first time at Genovese's. I arrived at 11:40am and there was only one other patron group in the restaurant. I was seated and my order taken promptly. However, it went downhill from there. Soon thereafter the place got very busy. There was only one server and it was like one of those on-line time management games, watching him try to keep up with seating customers, taking orders, delivering food, etc. It took a while to get my food, and it was too salty for my taste. The server was so busy, he never got back to ask me how my food was or to note that I needed more water. When I was finished with my meal, I sat for easily 30 minutes trying to get my check. I was tempted to walk out and see if they would notice me then. I had my credit card ready when he brought my check, so I wouldn't have to wait for him to return and take my payment. This is obviously a popular place for lunch, but I will not be back.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Italian food?”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Being from Boston and New York, respectively, my wife and I were anticipating a great meal at Genovese's. Truly, this was the worst meal we have experienced in quite some time. I truly hesitate to call this meal Italian-I am a chef myself and have never eaten or prepared such food and called it Italian! We ordered the vegetarian antipasti as a first course, and were perplexed when our server ask us what dressing we would like-in our opinion, antipasti should come with a marinade or at least with flavored olive oil. The mushrooms ad artichokes were completely dry, without flavor. The salad came with one cheese; a few deli slices or provolone or mozzarella, it was so tasteless we were actually unsure which cheese it was. We barely touched the plate and our server took it away and made no comment. This was another faux pas on her part. My wife ordered the eggplant milanese. What she received was a plate of chunky, eggplant pieces covered with thick, gooey cheese and no millanese sauce at all. I ordered the chicken giovanna..which was supposed to include some chicken marsala. In all my years of cooking and dining out, I have never had chicken marsala covered in cheese. Yes, this did. The sauce was watery-I ate a few bites and couldn't choke down much more.
The service was quite bad in the sense that we barely touched our food and no comment was made about our satisfaction. The owner was quite busy walking around greeting what seemed to be regular diners and she never came by our table to inquire why we were not pleased with our meal. She seemed more intent on socializing.
Honestly, I am sure that Olive Garden probably has better food that Genovese's!

1 Thank 287Lovetotravel
“Well played!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Left another restaurant due to a drunk owner and poor food and found this place on Trip Advisor. The service was amazing! The salad dressing was house made and fantastic. The entree wasn't what I expected but was decent. Overall, I would absolutely come back. Thanks for saving our fourth of July dinner!

Tucson, Arizona
“Yummy Italian food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great service, delicious food, reasonable price. Yum. Although it was lunch time, we practically had the place to ourselves. Food was well prepared, fresh, and service was very good.

Visited July 2012