“Good Italian Food”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Was here with a large group (~30). We were seated in two different areas of the restaurant. (The restaurant is much larger than it appears from the outside.) The decor is old world Italy. The food is classic Italian. The was as described on the menu. It was good but not knock your socks off. The service was impeccable for our large group. This was a busy Saturday night. Food came out together. Water was refilled continuously. Bread and butter also were refreshed until we couldn't eat any more. Prices were good. Nice place to go if you are looking for Italian.

1  Thank Runnerusa
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Hello there,

We love celebrations at Papa's and I have to say it really was a pleasure to celebrate multiple birthdays with you and your fun group of 30...even in separate rooms :) I am so glad that you were pleased with your experience on such a busy night. Thanks for your feedback and we do hope to see you all next year when you are in Prescott again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Saturday, August 30th. 5pm for dinner. Some of the best Italian food we have had in a long time! On a very busy Memorial Day weekend we found ourselves in Prescott at dinner time. Read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought we would try to get into their top rated restaurant which was Papa's.
Called for a reservation around 2pm and had to leave a message. Around 3:30 we got a call from the restaurant and they had one space left at 5pm so we took it.
Entered the front door and greeted by their friendly staff. Very nice interior. Inviting upscale atmosphere while being appropriate for the casually dressed. We felt right at home! After we sat down the restaurants owner (or the mother of the owner) a very nice lady showed up at our table with two bowls of the best minestrone soup I think I have ever eaten. It was a sample. That disappeared in about 60 seconds. We thought that was very special. We order drinks and they brought bread to the table. We then ordered three entrees ......one chicken parmigiana, one stuffed peppers (off menu special dish) and one spaghetti with meat sauce w/ three salads. To make a long story short... Huge portions, great homemade taste, reasonably priced.
If you are looking for outstanding Italian food coupled with excellent service and a friendly atmosphere in the downtown area of Prescott, don't even hesitate to eat at Papa's.... You won't regret it!

PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback! I am so happy we were able to have you in for dinner on such a busy night. The entire Papa's family works hard at making our customers feel "right at home" and I look forward to sharing all of your positive comments with our staff!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I ate at Papa’s a couple years ago in their old location and thought it was amazing. Last Thursday I had the pleasure of eating at the new location in downtown Prescott and will tell you it is simply the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Their staff was pleasant and very attentive to our requests. Their Chicken Prosciutto was so plentiful I had leftovers for lunch the next day with fond memories of my meal the night before.
Great job Papa’s you’ll see us again soon!

PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Hello Sedona visitor!

Thank you for your delightful review! It truly was our pleasure to cook for you and your guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed our downtown location as well. I will share your kind words and experience with the Papa's crew! We all look forward to having your group in again when you are in Prescott.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I ate here for the first time on a Thursday night. The place was hopping but the very nice hostess managed to find us a high top in the small bar area. We were just under the end of happy hour so we were able to order half price appetizers. My wife had the caprese and the mozzarella was very creamy and tasted home made. I had the calamari which was very light and served with a lemon and kalamata olive sauce. It was way too large and would have been better to share with a party of 4. For my entrée I had the meat ravioli with a marinara sauce. The ravioli was good but not home made like my Nonna made. But the marinara sauce was excellent.

1  Thank Dave S
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Papa's! It was our pleasure to have you and your wife in last Thursday evening. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our "happy hour" specials. I do hope that you both had a lovely stay in Prescott and we look forward to cooking for you when you are in the area again.

Ciao until next time!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped in here for dinner after a day of hiking and I wasn't disappointed. This a true family owned place and everyone was so very warm and friendly. Atmosphere was very simple and inviting and did remind you that you were in an Italian restaurant. My server came out immediately and I placed my order for the pasta pesto, which you also have a choice of which type of pasta you want, so I went with the Ziti. While I was waiting, I was given a free sample of their soup as well as some wonderful bread which was warm and quite good. My food was brought out quickly and being in the true Italian fashion it was a good size portion. The dish came out hot and perfectly cooked and seasoned. Absolutely wonderful dinner. I then also ordered a cannoli which was made to order and was light and flaky with a great and tasty filling. Overall a great place for a meal. I would for sure go back the next time I am in Prescott.

PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Hello there,

I want to thank you for sharing your recent experience at Papa's! It was a pleasure having you in for dinner. On behalf of my family and staff we look forward to serving you again when you return to Prescott!