“Very Good Italian Food”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 223 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I ate here for the first time on a Thursday night. The place was hopping but the very nice hostess managed to find us a high top in the small bar area. We were just under the end of happy hour so we were able to order half price appetizers. My wife had the caprese and the mozzarella was very creamy and tasted home made. I had the calamari which was very light and served with a lemon and kalamata olive sauce. It was way too large and would have been better to share with a party of 4. For my entrée I had the meat ravioli with a marinara sauce. The ravioli was good but not home made like my Nonna made. But the marinara sauce was excellent.

1  Thank Dave S
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Papa's! It was our pleasure to have you and your wife in last Thursday evening. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our "happy hour" specials. I do hope that you both had a lovely stay in Prescott and we look forward to cooking for you when you are in the area again.

Ciao until next time!

There are newer reviews for Papa's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped in here for dinner after a day of hiking and I wasn't disappointed. This a true family owned place and everyone was so very warm and friendly. Atmosphere was very simple and inviting and did remind you that you were in an Italian restaurant. My server came out immediately and I placed my order for the pasta pesto, which you also have a choice of which type of pasta you want, so I went with the Ziti. While I was waiting, I was given a free sample of their soup as well as some wonderful bread which was warm and quite good. My food was brought out quickly and being in the true Italian fashion it was a good size portion. The dish came out hot and perfectly cooked and seasoned. Absolutely wonderful dinner. I then also ordered a cannoli which was made to order and was light and flaky with a great and tasty filling. Overall a great place for a meal. I would for sure go back the next time I am in Prescott.

PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Hello there,

I want to thank you for sharing your recent experience at Papa's! It was a pleasure having you in for dinner. On behalf of my family and staff we look forward to serving you again when you return to Prescott!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Based on reviews here we were really looking forward to eating at Papa's on our last night in Prescott. We called and they told us to be sure to get there prior to their 8:00 closing - we appreciated the heads up. We got a table for 3 way in the back and to be honest the room was VERY warm until half way through our meal. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable but after talking up the nightly chicken special our waitress had to come back and apologize because they were all out. It also took two tries to get the correct beer I ordered. The salads were good and my shrimp scampi was tasty. My wife settled for egg plant parmesan instead of the chicken and to be honest the skin was pretty tough but she liked it. Our third member had a small pizza that looked good. Their history goes back to a mom and pop neighborhood Italian bar and grill in Auburn, NY. We lived just down NYS Rte 20 in Syracuse for 11 years and I would compare Papa's to all those local mom and pop places that dot the neighborhoods. They are the kind of place where "they remember your name" and have pretty good food, but not the best we've ever had.

1  Thank TGSwanson
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Mr. Swanson,

Thank you for giving us your honest feedback on your recent visit to Papa's. Although it sounds like your overall experience was pretty good, I can see that we missed the mark on a few things. My sincere apologies for the room temperature...you are right, it was a warm evening in the Tuscan room and your server did not have the air on due to another customer's request to turn it off. I'm glad that we tended to that issue while you were there and I want to thank you for your understanding.
It was also a busy night and we did run out of Mama's special. I have talked with the staff about better lines of communication so that our future customers are not enticed by our special and then be disappointed because we have run out. I give you my word that our entire Papa's team is always striving for perfection but on occasion we fall short.
It's is reviewers like you that keep us on our toes and your feedback truly helps us learn and improve. Thanks for your positive input as well and I hope that you will return if you are back in Prescott so that we can give you our best!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Papa's restaurant is to die for. By far the best alredo sauce I have ever had. The decor is charming, the mother/daughter owner's are there to greet you, the service is top notch. There isn't one negative thing to say about Papa's. It is our new favorite place to eat in Prescott.

Hello Robyn,

I am flattered and delighted that you have found your new favorite place in Prescott! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to cooking many more meals for you in the future!

Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I frequent Papa's . It is a great Italian restaurant where they make you feel like family. Mama always brings a sample of her version of Minestrone soup to the table while you are waiting for your order. The staff is very friendly . The food is truly Italian. The portions are very large and we always have some to take home for another day. We were there a week ago and had the eggplant parmesan which was excellent. We went early without a reservation on a weeknight and were able to get a table in the lounge. When we left the main dining room was full. So, if you are counting on eating there it is always a good idea to make a reservation. The ambiance is a little different in each room. The main room is bustling and busy, the lounge is darker and a little more quiet and the back room is set up for large groups and is ornate and light. I highly recommend Papa's if you are looking for authentic Italian food and wine.We were there for my birthday in June and at other times just to meet and eat with friends and last week we just wanted Italian food on a weeknight.

Hello Joy,

It has been our pleasure to have you and your husband in for dinner on several occasions. It's customers like you that add to the hometown feeling you described in your review... I want to thank you and your recommendations to others that are desiring authentic Italian food when visiting Prescott.

See you soon!