“Great little Italian restaurant”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We walked in without a reservation on Friday evening, had a nice table and an excellent meal. Friendly family run operation. Much better than your normal run of the mill Italian - great place for a reasonably priced excellent meal in Prescott.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I chose this restaurant because it was within walking distance of our hotel (Grand Highlander) and because it ranked well on Trip Advisor. I loved it the minute I walked in! We got a cute table for two and mama ran up soon after with a bowl of her homemade minestrone soup, which was absolutely delicious. She was so sweet! All of the staff was very attentive. I ordered Papa's Meat Trio because I was having a hard time on deciding ... so why not have it all? The only problem was that the delicious warm bread and hearty house salad beforehand were so good that I did not leave adequate room in my belly for the HUGE entrée that was yet to come! I did my best. Rich tomato sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, tasty meat sauce, perfectly done pasta, molten melted mozzarella ... Italian at its best! Honestly, I could have come back the next night. A don't miss if you are in Prescott. Great ambiance and cuisine.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Papas has wonderful Italian recipes that remind me of all the restaurants I loved back east. good portions and great flavor. you would think you were at moms for Sunday dinner. Manga. Manga

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a nice little establishment right in the downtown Prescott area. The restaurant itself is small and cozy. We spoke with "Mama" who is one of the owners who told us she actually made the minestrone soup we had with our meal. The soup was outstanding. Both of our entrees were served hot with generous portions. The quality of my lasagna was unbelievable - great flavors and absolutely delicious. My wife's entree was equally delicious.

We loved the personal attention and the attention to quality, both in food quality and service standards. They are obviously dedicated to serving nothing but the best Italian food in the Prescott area, and as such, it is at the top of our list to return to the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The decor and atmosphere was great seemed like we were at my grandmothers house eating. Mom the owner came over just as we got our wine and placed a dish of vegetable soup down and said she just made and to try it, excellent !!! The waitress suggested the special Veal Florentine, it came with pasta and red sauce. The waitress said Mom doesn't make it to often as it is a lot of work. WOW, the sauce was amazing. It was a huge portion. We were staying at a hotel so I "HAD" to finish it... It was that good..I couldn't stop myself .My wife had the Eggplant Parm which came with pasta sauce also, a little different tasting though, she loved it. We both had the Mama's Classic salad very good also. We had Spumoni ice cream(2 large scoops) after the meal.. That's how you finish it all off !!!!!!! Also it is on a side street so don't miss it!!!