“Love it every time!”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 224 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We've been going to Papa's for five years and are continually impressed with everything about it. The owners and staff are delightfully engaging, the food is consistently delicious and prepared with fresh ingredients and we love their new location. You can't go wrong with Papa's if you are hungry for Italian in Prescott!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

As soon as we sat down we were brought some ministrone soup. It was absolutely delicious. I ordered a small caezar salad that was also good. My husband had the lasagne and I had a veal dish. The lasagne was tasty but too oily. The veal just was not tasty enough. It was very average. The bread should be skipped all together. Just cold plain bread. Obviously I was disappointed with this restaurant. So sorry.

PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hello Kathy,

I am so sorry that you were not happy with your dinner at Papa's. We work so hard at creating the perfect balance of flavors in all of our entrees and it sounds like we had an off night for both you and your husband's selections. Your bread should have come to the table fresh & hot from the oven and seasoned with our signature garlic butter and herb blend. I am not sure why you received cold, plain bread. I am disappointed too and I will address your comments with my family & staff. Please accept my apology for not giving you our best.

On a positive note I am glad that you liked Mama's soup! We do learn from ALL of our reviews Kathy and I want to thank you for your feedback.

Andrea at Papa's

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a party of 3 on a very busy Saturday night. It seems like there's always something going on downtown so pretty much all the good restaurants are packed. Papa's was no exception. We got lucky in that a party of 3 didn't show up so we got right in. They were at full capacity so it was a good test to see how they handle it. The waitresses were all pleasant. It took a bit for drinks and bread but not too bad given the amount of customers seated in every available spot they could put a table. Everything we ate was delicious. No complaints at all about the food or friendliness of the staff. I only wish we could have eaten the leftovers, but they didn't make the trip back to Phoenix too well. Do yourself a favor and call ahead for reservations on the weekends. I'll definitely be back again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you like really good Italian food go see Papa. Their location had changed since we last were in Prescott but the larger place in the heart of Prescott still has wonderful food and great service by friendly people. Our veal specials were perfectly prepared and the antipasto salad was a meal in itself. Whenever we hit Prescott, Papa's is a must.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was very good. The resturant was a little cold but when asked the staff turned the AC down. They also gladly split the ticket for a large table. The service was a little slow but worth waiting for and there was 16 of us.