“Valentines Day”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 214 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prescott, Arizona
“Valentines Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife, Sister-in-law and I had a most wonderful dining experience at Papa's on Valentines Day. We had made reservations and were promptly seated in the lounge area dining room.This is a very comfortable, relaxed and inviting setting, and not at all what you'd expect a lounge area to be like especially for an evening of fine dining. Our waitress (Samatha) was absolutely great. She was pleasant and most helpful in answering any questions about the menu items. I have a perpensity for teasing and joking with wait staff and I have to say that Samatha was very quick, witty and delightfully funny in her interaction with me (us) and the service she and others provide throughout the dining experience was outstanding. Even though this was Valentines Day and Papa's was very busy I was pleasantly suprised at how quick our orders were prepared and served. And as for the food itself, everything form the bread, soup, salad, main entry through dessert was absolutely delicious. We had a wonderful time and the prices arn't to darn bad either. We have been to Papa's several times in the past but this is the first time we;ve been to their new downtown location since they moved from the old location out on White Spar. Not at all disappointing, same excellent service, food and value. Nothing lost in that move for sure. Actually on this review I am impressed enough with Papa's to list my full name on this review...Robert Walker

4 Thank Robert W

“Not my favorite Italian in Prescott.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Lots of people rave about this place, but for Italian Genovese's is my favorite. I think the food at Papa's is average.

Cornville, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

First time to visit Papa's new location. I know it's Valentine's Day, but from start to finish it was a disappointment. We had to ask for everything and part of our order wasn't even taken. Bread was suppose to be in the oven, but after 30 minutes and everyone around us being served bread we had to ask. We traveled to have dinner here and a hotel for the night, but next year will be a different Place. We loved the old location and the over the top customer service. Sorry but don't think we'll be back.

• Visited February 2013
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I sincerely apologize to you and your sweetheart for not getting the service you are used to when dining at Papa's. Our dining room was full for Valentines Day & It is clear to me that you were not tended to. We take all of our reviews seriously and I will address your review with my family and staff. We strive to give the best service to our customers & I ask that you reconsider and give us another try. I hope that we have the opportunity to cook for you again!

Andrea at Papa's
Prescott, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Papa's, you ROCK!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have to admit, I was concerned when I learned that Papa’s was moving and expanding. After all, why fix something that isn’t broken? Wow, was I delighted and surprised! Let me begin by saying that I don’t work for Papa’s, I’m not “friends” with the owners, and this review is being written by a local Prescott resident who has nothing to gain by reviewing them here. Their new, uptown location is simply more of a good thing. They have managed to expand, and make a great thing even better! They continue to show the same attention to detail, the same old world recipes, the same amazing décor, and the same impeccable wait staff. They managed to expand without losing a step! If you’re from out of town, EAT HERE! If you’re a local resident, EAT HERE! If you appreciate authentic, delicious Italian fare, EAT HERE! For goodness sake, just EAT HERE! You will be pleased, delighted, and leave in the most delectable carbohydrate coma you’ve ever experienced! Comfort food to the nth degree! And the staff is gracious, accommodating, friendly, and are passionate about their restaurant, their food, and their hospitality! An amazing experience, consistently! Papa’s…you ROCK!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Why go to Italy?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're going to Italy for some great italian food, try Papa's first! You just might decide to eat in Prescott instead! Delicious italian food and warm and delightful owners. I had the decadent manicotti that was out of this world! But you must try the homemade ministroni soup first!! Everything is made fresh daily! You will NOT be disappointed!

Visited February 2013