“What a disappointment.”

Papa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cornville, Arizona
“What a disappointment.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

First time to visit Papa's new location. I know it's Valentine's Day, but from start to finish it was a disappointment. We had to ask for everything and part of our order wasn't even taken. Bread was suppose to be in the oven, but after 30 minutes and everyone around us being served bread we had to ask. We traveled to have dinner here and a hotel for the night, but next year will be a different Place. We loved the old location and the over the top customer service. Sorry but don't think we'll be back.

• Visited February 2013
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I sincerely apologize to you and your sweetheart for not getting the service you are used to when dining at Papa's. Our dining room was full for Valentines Day & It is clear to me that you were not tended to. We take all of our reviews seriously and I will address your review with my family and staff. We strive to give the best service to our customers & I ask that you reconsider and give us another try. I hope that we have the opportunity to cook for you again!

Andrea at Papa's

“Wow! Papa's, you ROCK!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have to admit, I was concerned when I learned that Papa’s was moving and expanding. After all, why fix something that isn’t broken? Wow, was I delighted and surprised! Let me begin by saying that I don’t work for Papa’s, I’m not “friends” with the owners, and this review is being written by a local Prescott resident who has nothing to gain by reviewing them here. Their new, uptown location is simply more of a good thing. They have managed to expand, and make a great thing even better! They continue to show the same attention to detail, the same old world recipes, the same amazing décor, and the same impeccable wait staff. They managed to expand without losing a step! If you’re from out of town, EAT HERE! If you’re a local resident, EAT HERE! If you appreciate authentic, delicious Italian fare, EAT HERE! For goodness sake, just EAT HERE! You will be pleased, delighted, and leave in the most delectable carbohydrate coma you’ve ever experienced! Comfort food to the nth degree! And the staff is gracious, accommodating, friendly, and are passionate about their restaurant, their food, and their hospitality! An amazing experience, consistently! Papa’s…you ROCK!

• Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Why go to Italy?”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're going to Italy for some great italian food, try Papa's first! You just might decide to eat in Prescott instead! Delicious italian food and warm and delightful owners. I had the decadent manicotti that was out of this world! But you must try the homemade ministroni soup first!! Everything is made fresh daily! You will NOT be disappointed!

Visited February 2013
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I must be pretty picky...hmmmm...other people seem to like this place. Have only eaten there once and did not like the pizza at all. Maybe I will give them another try???

Prescott, Arizona
“The Best Italian Food in Prescott!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Papa's recently moved into their new Cortez Street location and we love it! They take reservations, their food is fresh, price point very reasonable and it is like family! We will not frequent a busy restaurant that doesn't take a reservation. The service is excellent and if Mama is in the house on a weeknight, you may be able to order her Chicken Piccata which is DIVINE!!

• Visited December 2012