“Good Food Near the Courthouse”
Review of Lone Spur Cafe

Lone Spur Cafe
Ranked #5 of 227 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed Lone Spur on our way out of town. Open from 8 to 2, we arrived at 1:30 on a Monday to find only a few tables open. The over-the-top cowboy motif was playful, interesting and entertaining. The service was courteous and prompt. Our server, Ken, was cheerful and knew the menu. My friend had to Reuben sandwich ($11) with the salad. She gave it high marks for the pile of nicely corned beef and gobs of cheese; the thousand island was a little sweet for her taste and she'd have liked more coleslaw. My cheese burger ($9) with Bacon ($1.50) and a half avocado ($3) with fries was quite tasty. The burger arrived cooked to order as requested. The bacon was the good stuff, thick and flavorful and cooked just right. The avocado creamy and ready. The bun was quite tasty and accompanied by generous portions of onion & tomatoes & lettuce. The water was fresh and clean and served in a liter cup. I can't imagine folks having room for desert, but Ken's descriptions made it hard to say 'No'. We're really happy we went to Lone Spur. It was by far the most pleasant meal we had on this trip to Prescott.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bring your appetite!!! My wife and I had breakfast yesterday and didn't feel the need to eat later that day until having just a light dinner. I had the half-order of the Cowboy Benedict-- I can't imagine one person devouring the entire regular order. Comes with egg-topped biscuits and gravy with ham--very tasty. Recommend the country potatoes and they will give you salsa to add on top too. My wife had an egg, sausage patty and hash brown dish-- the hash browns were perfectly cooked--crispy on the outside like I can't seem do at home.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the door we knew it was going to be a great visit. I had called ahead, and with just five minutes nitice the staff had set a large table for our group. Injecting both humor and attention in the service, we felt right at home immediately. The food was wonderfully tasty, plenteous, and came very quickly. I had the steak sandwich, the only trouble with which was trying to find a way to fit it into my mouth. Thank goodness for lots of napkins. My kids raved about the food and fun. The owner treated us so we felt we were special, even going the extra mile with a special (or two or three). We had a great day on our vacation, but we all felt this was the best part.

1  Thank Gkmchardy
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Charming place on the main square. Friendly service and the biggest breakfasts I have ever seen. You won't go hungry!!!

1  Thank stephskier
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Was in late morning. Menu is extensive with ample portions. Service was great and we will definitely be back

1  Thank peggyg234