“Under renovation but still good”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed April 10, 2014

It's one of the cheaper accommodation places in Prescott just minutes out of town. The place is being renovated but you don't sleep outside. The room was clean and all you need for a night or two. Breakfast is a little on the light side of toast (no jam), sweet buns, coffee & juice. Laundry facilities available. Gentleman at reception was lovely and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I had a need for a hotel near the Toyota Center to watch the state wrestling tournament. Generally the town is booked during this time of year, so I was happy to see we found a room online through a hotel choice link. Be it it was the last room which was a smoker's room ( I would've never done that outside of these circumstances). Walked in and couldn't hardly breath. Noticed the dirty lamp shade, stain in carpet, spots on pillow, stains in ceiling and walls, burns in comforter...the list goes on. Anyway we arrived close to 11:00 p.m. which they waited for us to get there. So after seeing the room I thought it was too late to call the office because they told me they leave at 11:00. At checkout I kindly expressed my dissatisfaction and he asked what was wrong with the room. He said I should've called last night. I told him I thought they were gone and besides it was the last room according to him and site. He said he couldn't adjust the price because I used the room and the night audit had already gone out. Anyway I want to show real pictures and not the staged ones they had on their site.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank cantbelievemyeyes
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It looked like the room might have just been refurbished. The bed was comfy but the pillows were like flat bags of Quikrete. I've never seen such dense pillows. Had a miserable night and a headache this morning. Bring your own pillows. The bathroom floor was filthy and they put out shampoo and lotion that obviously had been used by previous occupants. Ick!! We didn't try the continental breakfast. The desk clerk recommended JB down the street for breakfast and it was very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KansasMover
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at the Econo Lodge Prescott a few weekends ago. It was just what we needed. Close to everything, cheap, and quiet. The service was good too. We were able to check in an hour early to allow our youngest a much needed nap. They have plenty of parking and a small breakfast. Not a bad place to stay for a night or two.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My son and I were in Prescott to visit Embry Riddle. I took a chance on this place. I lost. If it wasn't for the friendliness of the desk clerk (possibly the proprietor, too) I would give this a "terrible" rating. Just a yucky place. Dirty rooms, a very marginal breakfast bar (I'm being nice) that opened at 7 a.m.! Most everyone is gone by 7. What the ....? The inconsistencies of Choice Hotels are becoming a real issue with me. This one should be stripped of the name. I stayed at an Econolodge in College Station, TX, a week earlier, and it offered exactly what I'd expect -- I'm not looking for much, really -- from a lower-end hotel; clean rooms and an edible food offering. My expectations are not high -- just want to catch some shut eye, take a shower and go -- but even at $60 I want cleanliness on a consistent basis.

1  Thank 52WeeksOfVacation
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were in town for a few days and wanted an economical place to stay. The front desk guy was pleasant and regretfully informed us when we checked in that; 1.) the room we'd booked was unavailable due to plumbing problems; 2.) no cable or internet because local tree trimmers had cut the wires; and 3.) the ice machine was broken. This before we even saw the room! When we got to our room , it was clean, but there were only two rather thin pillows on a king size bed, and the (one) blanket had some small holes in it. The shower head didn't work right either. Basically it gave a single stream of water. However, there was plenty of hot water, no issues there, and the bathroom was clean. Also, the blackout curtains did keep out the light from the parking lot and the A/C and fan worked fine. Unfortunately the room next door had a family which included several small, noisy, screaming children who were up until close to midnight. This was not within the hotel's control of course, but it did affect our sleep that night and made us realize just how thin the walls are! We heard everything, including bathroom time :-\. The second and third nights we were moved to a type of room we had originally booked, and it was quieter, and the shower head worked better. Overall, a VERY no-frills place, next time if we stay more than one night we'll go to a higher quality place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Kevin was nice. He honored my request for a non-smoking room, even though when booked as an unpublished rate hotel, it's not guaranteed. Room was clean and sort of upgraded looking. Pretty shoddy contractor work...carpet was just short of the wall and frayed edge was visible, paint was fresh but no one bothered to tape it off so it looked like a kid slapped it on. Evidently, the mini fridge is unplugged after each guest, so when we went to use it we had to plug it in...this would have been no big deal, except there was food in it. Tuna and cheese. Honestly, could there have been worse things to be left in an unplugged fridge? It took someone 2 hours to come up and take care of it, and he didn't clean it, just took the food out. Gross. Also...Ice machine was broken, hallways not swept, cigarette butts everywhere. Sorry, Kevin, I wanted to give a good review, but I just couldn't. This place would work in a pinch, I guess. However, we probably wouldn't stay here again.