“Looked like a hooker hotel/ stay away”
Review of Hotel St. Michael

Hotel St. Michael
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed October 22, 2005

We made reservations here and when we arrived and went to our room we were in shock...it looked like the mattress was from 1900 as well as the comforter and the carpet had holes and the ceiling was falling apart and the TV was from another era...A REAL DUMP!!!!!!!.....WE LEFT AND STAYED AT THE HAMPTON INN AND THIS WAS FINE...I AM STILL WAITNG TO GET MY MONEY CREDITED BACK...STAY AWAY

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank Lynn B

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel St. Michael on the weekend of Aug 5-7, 2005 and found the room to be a real DUMP. The room I stayed in was incredibly small, musty, and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls.

The bathroom reeked of a vile urine-like odor and did not want to use the shower on the first day because of it. The shower sprayed water in all directions including over the shower curtain and onto the floor.

The room is drab, and furnishing look to be years old (and not in a good way). I've stayed in dumply hostels in Europe and at YMCAs and this is on par with that.

The service was poor and the old man at the front desk was incredibly cranky, argumentative, and not very helpful. On a positive note, the hotel is in a great location and the lobby is interesting.

How this hotel landed such a high rating on Trip Advisor is a mystery.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
phoenix,az
Reviewed May 31, 2005

From the moment we walked into the hotel, it was like walking back into time. the place is really well preserved and clean. the fact that we were able to stay right on whiskey row was too cool. you are within walking distance to great restaurants, saloons and entertainment and shopping. the only complaint I have is the place is over 100 years old and so are the beds. ours was so worn out and hard, my back ached for two days. I think the floor was more forgiving than my bed. I would never go back unless I knew the beds were replaced. when you go on vacation and spend hard earned money, you expect to relax and not ache from it. when I brought it to the attention to the staff, I was told that there was nothing they could do. I was very dissapointed that they didnt even try to make me happy by moving me to another room or giving a discount or anything. if you are looking for a place to relax, stay away.

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed November 4, 2004

Well I am new to the Trip advisor but I had to tell you all about one of Northern Arizona's best kept secret. Hotel St. Michael in Prescott Arizona(locals call it Preskit). My husband and I were doing our annual road trip and this year it was Arizona. Ok so the Hotel St. Micael is right down town over looking the courthouse square very quaint! The building is full of architectural wonders, gargoyles stare down at you. The rooms are wonderfully eclectic but warm and clean. Long cheery hallways, a really old but fun elevator, A Grand stairway, a beautiful lobby where you can meet the local people. When you stay you get a wonderful full cooked breakfast in the charming Caffe. The food was great and the bread was home baked. I fell in love with Prescott, the people, the staff, the town. The best kept secret in Prescott is the Hotel St. Michael.

• Stayed: November 2004, traveled on business
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2004

I like the location of the hotel, but the staff seems to think they are above the customer simply because they work on Whiskey Row. They need to have a long sit-down with managment and realize there are too many other places to stay in the area for them to be snobby and rude to "guests." They especialy have an attitude toward "Valley" residents. (People from Phoenix getting away for the weekend). This is especialy pathetic when one realizes that most "Prescottonians" are from California. Next time I'll stay at a hotel where the staff appreciates me.

11  Thank MarkPhoenix
carbondale, CO
Reviewed September 28, 2004

We love the Hotel St. Michael! It says "EXPERIENCE HISTORY" and thats just what happened. As most of the industry struggles to keep up with the demands of an ever increasing fussy public the Hotel St. Michael lets its guests feel what it was like in an era when people in the service industry enjoyed what they were doing. The whole place feels like a proud survivor from a time when one depended on whit and character instead of complaints and lawyers. We felt like we were a part of the Prescott community just because we stayed on Whiskey Row and got to talk with many of the locals. If your going to Prescott we suggest you try the St. Michael, its no frill all real !

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2004

Don't know what all the hype is about. The lobby is gorgeous, yes, but that's about it.

The room we were in had peeling, faded wallpaper, the carpet was filthy, the bedspreads were soiled, upon inspection the bottom/sides of the boxsprings were shredded and hanging down onto the floor, the beds were horribly uncomfortable, the window a/c unit was loud and the bathroom was tiny.

Beware! The place is filthy!

I was extremely disappointed. Please don't think I was expecting the Waldorf-Astoria - I was at least expecting the same quality as the Days Inn I had stayed in in Flagstaff, Arizona.

8  Thank CSIMelissa