“Just the way I wanted it to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel St. Michael

Hotel St. Michael
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just the way I wanted it to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2004

I relocated from Pasadena, CA to CG, AZ...I lived in San Francisco for a number of years in hotels around the same age.....Last December, I just took a ride up to Prescott to do some shopping for Christmas...(I had been to Prescott before as a little girl) I talked to the night clerk at the St. Michael and got the info. I then looked around at some of the other hotels suggested, and was not pleased...Same cookie-cutter stuff...I went back to Hotel St. Michael, found the clerk very informative and pleasant to talk to. She hinted me on which rooms would be quieter, etc. I booked a room. Holy Cats! Just like I remember when I lived in SF! The ambiance was beautiful! The room was small and seems like the only things new were the TV, mattress and a really neat shower. Everything was clean, and I slept very well...I felt so relaxed and at "home." I'd like to go and stay a week! I tell all my friends about my experience, and will drive up just to stay overnight and the next day! Wow!!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2004

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel St. Michael on three different occasions and will be returning again this year for at least two or three more stays. I found the place after I'd made the mistake of thinking I could spend 3 nights in one of the cheaper hotel chains that are all across the U.S. The one in Prescott totally turned me off and after the first night I knew that I had to make other arrangements, looking in the local yellow pages I found the Hotel St. Michael.
Although I'd been to Prescott many, many times and had been on Whiskey Row I never actually stayed there overnight so I was marginally familiar with the Hotel. It was on a Holiday weekend when a huge art event was being held in the courtyard across the street. I never thought I'd get into the hotel or that if I did I could afford the rates. Not only did I get a perfect room, one that overlooks the courtyard but the rates were very reasonable and we got a full breakfast downstairs at the Hotel's very cozy and quaint cafe each morning. The front desk person that helped me that first time was very nice and allowed us to check in early that first day so that we didn't have to spend one more minute in that depressing motel. Not only was he nice and helpful but I have found all the front desk people at the Hotel St. Michael to be personable and nice. The two subsequent times I've stayed at the Hotel were in the same room. Its kind of become my honey's and my "special room" and I already have reservations for that room for an upcoming four day weekend. I love the Hotel St. Michael, its the best place to stay in Prescott in my opinion, yes it can be noisy due the bars and traffic below but that is part of its charm. Yes the rooms are old fashioned but that is part of the Hotel's charm also.
I feel bad that some people didn't have a good experience during their stay or didn't like the location or the frontier charm and ambiance of the Hotel. You can't please everyone - and in a way that's good - for ME and the other people who love the Hotel St. Michael, it makes it all the more special to us because WE know what is cool and desirable and for sure that includes the Hotel St. Michael.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member