“Loved it”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed at the hotel in Oct 2011. As a big history buff I loved the place. Yes rooms are small, but the enviorment was amazing! Our room overlooked Whiskey Row, and the courtyard. Staff was so nice, and very friendly. I will stay there over and over. And YES the hotel is Haunted!!! Enjoy a piece of past with in this hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank a10com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel once before and while my husband wasn't impressed, we did end up staying here again because the price was great. Our first room was a double bed and was way too small - you could barely walk around the bed. We quickly determined that this wasn't going to work and requested to change to a queen. They swiftly accommodated our request and we moved to a larger, queen room which was still smaller than the room we had in our last trip, but was better. It is old, so none of the amenities are luxurious. The shower head reminded me of a hose nozzle, but the water was hot. They do have great cable tv. Our room was right next to the Whiskey Row alley, so at about midnight, we were awakened by really bad 80's hairband covers performed live in one of the saloons. So we watched a movie and then went back to sleep when they stopped. Unfortunately the guests around us were super invasive (there was a huge family in like 5 rooms on our floor) which made for noisy surroundings, slamming doors and people just hanging out with their room doors open. Weird.

Room Tip: Avoid the double unless you aren't planning to move around much or are a single traveler.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CrashcatMW
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed at this location many times so it upsets me to see some of these reviews. This hotel is a historic location so it is an older building with small bathrooms because they were added onto the rooms later. It may not have some of the amenities that the chain hotels have but that is part of the experience. Plus it is the only hotel that includes a hot breakfast from their restaurant for EVERY morning you are there. It has an excellent location right on Whiskey Row, on weekends there is some street noise but for the most part the night hotel staff does what they can to keep the hotel quiet. I have had to call the desk at night before and they handle the noise as quick as possible and on the weekends they always have one employee walking the hallways so they can nip any problem in the butt before it begins because sometimes there are guests that just can't handle their liquor. I appreciate the hotels effort the staff goes through to keep all of their guests happy. I keep returning because the staff is wonderful and the restaurant has great food. I will continue to visit this location for the service. I have worked in the service industry for many years and I know that somethings are out of the control of the people working. Thanks for the experience and all the hard work!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Alice C
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

The night staff at this hotel are AWFUL! Not only did they treat us like children, the man followed us to our room and stood behind us like a creepy old man trying to follow us into our room! Even after I politely asked him to leave, as he was making us uncomfortable, he still lingered behind us. It was not until I told him that I would not open the door until he left, that he finally left. It was very disturbing and an uncomfortable, as a guest. The rest of the hotel just needs major updating. Bathrooms are incredibly small and old, as well as the rest of the decor. We will NOT be returning to this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ashleyb77
Prescott, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

First of all, my reservations for my wedding weekend were all messed up!! The first lady I talked to just gave me attitude and still "couldnt" fix my reservations. A great lady who calls herself "queen of customer service" was FANTASTIC tho!! She fixed everything the next day and was soo nice about it all. To top it off, there is a CREEPY night desk clerk who followed different people from my wedding party, to their rooms and would not go away until they were actually in the room. My brides maid was at a vending machine, getting soda another night and he said she had to be in her room. On another night, this creep man stood behind her, arms folded and would not leave till she unlocked her door-she finally told him to go away and that he was being creepy-He followed other members of my wedding party, including myself, to their rooms as well. He was CREEPY and made us all feel very uncomfortable all weekend!!! HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS TO PAYING ADULT CUSTOMERS!!!! Very upset and creeped out!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DEVIN M
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I cannot imagine how popular this hotel would be if they would update these rooms (beds, bedding, carpet, tv, furniture). When we stayed there, the bed was horrible. It needed to be tossed out. The furniture looked like it came from a thrift store. I love where the hotel is located and if it were updated would most likely be sold out most if not all of the time. The staff were all pleasant and the hotel restaurant was excellent. This hotel has so much potential. Sad that is just keeps deteriorating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank burt9756
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed in room 207, a king bed room. The room size was OK, but the bed was nothing more than a 2 inch slab of hard foam rubber laid on a wood bed frame!! No mattress or box spring!! There wasn't even a decent chair to sit on. We had reservations for two nights, but cancelled the second night. Although the desk clerk appologized they offered no compensation for the poor accomodations. The only redeeming factor was the included breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and check out the bed!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple