“Really Pretty Hotel in Old Prescott”
Review of Hassayampa Inn

Hassayampa Inn
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Newport Beach, California
“Really Pretty Hotel in Old Prescott”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at the Historic Hotel, Hassayampa the past few nights.
It is Really beautiful! The Lobby is wonderful with old antiques and oriental carpets.
The staff was really nice. My room was small, but very homey and the bed was a dream!
Really comfortable. I found the hotel to be very clean, I am not sure what the other poster is referring too. My room was spotless. I had lunch and dinner in the Peacock Restaurant and the food was really tasty. Anyway, had a great time at the hotel, I loved it and will be back!
Lisa

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Tucson
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Quaint , Charming and Disgustingly Dirty. This hotel has a great location , just a block from the Court house square as well as the Antique District and Whiskey Row. Unfortunately, old and historic equals dirty for this establishment. The bathroom was filthy and very small. It was impossible to manuver around with out bumping into the unwashed comode. Apparently they do not own a toliet brush as it was splatter with fecal matter from a previous guest. Mold around the inside rim . Hair in shower etc. I actually showered with my flip flops on and was so grateful I had only booked two days. After the first night , we asked the desk clerk if the maid could do a once over on the bathroom and I pointed told him the toliet looked unattended for several days. After the cleaning folks came, it looked exactly the same. I have stayed other historic hotels and never before have I ever seen such filth.Its also pet friendly which is a down side if you are not traveling with a pet. I inquired as to whether they had rooms that pets did not stay in , but was told no. All the rooms are pet friendly. Could be a problem for those with allergies.I would NEVER stay again or recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thedesertmermaid
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Room was dirty and very small. It is not a Three Star Hotel. Dont trust the pictures on the website.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank RC835
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed July 4, 2010

A group of 10 spent the weekend here and we had a great time. You can walk everywhere and we didn't touch our car all weekend. The hotel itself is clean and really looks like an old lodge. We sat in the lobby and knitted, chatting with people young and old. The patio has a band on Friday and Sunday night and it was fun sitting outside with a cool drink. The rooms looked renovated and were nicely appointed. The beds and linens were cozy and had the room had good insulation. They were pretty small and the bathroom itself looked like an after-thought! The shower was teeny tiny, but we were there for the outdoors! If you have trouble walking it might not be for you and make sure to ask for the 1st or 2nd floor because the elevator has to be operated by hotel staff. They were very prompt but we are so used to pushing a button and getting service that it was irritating at times--but very quaint and definitely antique!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 27, 2010

If you are looking for a wonderful Hotel, with old world charm, wonderful atmosphere, attentive staff and great food... then the Hassayampa Inn is for you. If you like cookie cutter hotels, with every room looking the same .. forget it. This was our third trip to the hotel and Bluegrass Festival. We stay in the King size two room suite. This is a terrific property. And great value. The Peacock Room - dining - is wonderful. So, if you want to step back, when elegant hotels abounded, then stay at the Hassayampa Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We had reservations for st. Michaels hotel, but after viewing the rooms, we looked elsewhere...
Thank you Hassaympa Inn, not only did they find a room on no notice but they upgraded our room as well as an anniversary present!
Our stay was wonderful and everyone was cheerful and attentive, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I went to Prescott in April to celebrate a milestone in my life and decided to stay at the Hassayampa Inn, which is in downtown Prescott, AZ. I'm gald I chose the Hassayampa. The entire hotel has a warm, home like feel to it and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. I was extremely pleased with the comfort of the room and bed. It was a king size bed with plenty of comforters and new, fresh pillows and sheets. These things are important in a hotel. I felt as though I was the first one to ever use them. There is nothing worse when staying at a hotel than feeling like you are just one of the many people that have used the bed and bedding. That was not the case at the Hassayampa Inn. It was as if everything was brand new!

I will definitely be staying there again on my next trip to Prescott!

• Stayed April 2010