“Cozy Historic Charm”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Cave Creek, AZ
“Cozy Historic Charm”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My Husband and I just returned from a quick getaway up to Prescott where we enjoyed our stay at the Hassayampa Inn. Now, this is a historic hotel and as such there are certain "Charms" that come with it such as unique room configurations. Our room was small, which is not out of the ordinary for a historic hotel, but we are talking cruise ship small here. In fact, I think our last cruise ship bathroom was bigger than the one we had here! Didn't bother us though, but if you need a lot of space, be advised. For me the bed was a bit soft, but the pillows were awesome! We had a good night sleep here. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and we also enjoyed cocktails, live music and appetizers at the bar (Highly recommend the Pork Shank appetizer!). We also had a very nice dinner at the restaurant, which I will review separately. The location is perfect to walk to all the local attractions, and Prescott is a gem of a town to visit for any occasion. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatnJenCaveCreek_AZ
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. And thank you as well for realizing the unique circumstances that come with a historic hotel. We have many different room sizes, not all as small as some. Our staff is always happy to accommodate should you find your room too small for your liking.

Thank you again and we hope to see you for another visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and once again the experience was extremely good. Probably the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!

The service from all the staff from check in to check out was exceptional.

There was no aspect to the stay that could be criticised.

1 Thank David S
Thanks so much for the kind review of our hotel. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again in the near future. Take care
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My mom and I attended a family wedding near Prescott. She picked the hotel because it is a drop off and pick up location for Arizona Shuttle (a transportation service from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport). Boy, did that ever turn out for the best! Allison and her restaurant staff at the Peacock Dining Room is a delight and the menu is excellent... similar to a Broadmoor Hotel experience (Colorado Springs). Don't miss the coffee cake at breakfast. Front desk associates Edward and Spencer offer upscale hospitality service. They enjoy sharing local knowledge and taking care of small details, such as providing an umbrella on a rainy evening. Live music in the lobby and bar on weekends provides a wonderful place to visit with friends and family!

Room Tip: Room 301 overlooks courtyard
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. And thank you for acknowledging the employees that helped make your time even more special.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Okay, there is historic well-maintained, and then there is historic run-down. The Hassayampa Inn has charm but man, it is beat up. The carpet is so dirty and musty. Every single floor board creaks. The walls and doors are paper-thin. Note to guests: if you think the conversation that you are having INSIDE your room is private, you are wrong. We listened to an entire conversation in one room about how wrinkled someones clothes were, from the ice machine in the hall. On the way back, we listened to a couple, in their room with the door closed, talk about what time they were going out.

The elevator has to be manually operated, which could be cool, but it is also in need of repair and upkeep. The staff member has to sit there and fidget with the wheel and apologize that it doesn't work well while you look worried. So instead, drag your suitcases up the narrow, rickety stairs.

The rooms are small. You have to turn sideways to walk between the bed and dresser but it is comfortable. Good for 2 people, only.

The bar is cramped but very cool. This is where you get to actually enjoy some of the charm and details. It's the history of the place takes over in there. While you are there enjoying your drink, at some point, the traffic jam piling up out on Gurley Street feels out of place. It's hard to describe.

Now, parking. Good luck with that. There is a tiny little lot across the street that holds a handful of cars and is first come, first serve. Other than that, it's street parking and no telling how far away that will be.

The last thing is the part that bothered me the most. We reserved our room a few months prior, and pre-paid. I've never minded doing that because every hotel that I have ever done that with has a "best price guarantee". Meaning, if the price goes lower, you don't have to waste your time canceling your reservation and redoing your reservation every week to get the best deal. This hotel does not do that. The day we checked in, there were the same rooms available for $80 less per night. I considered saying something but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. So sorry I did. There was no credit given for the difference and I feel completely ripped off now. I know it's not stealing but as a customer who paid $80 more for the same exact thing, it kinda feels that way. For anyone staying there with reservations, be mindful of the prices and say something. They will keep the difference. Trust me.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your critical feedback is what helps us improve our service.
We are sorry to see that you were not pleased with your visit. If you would like to call and discuss areas you feel we can improve, I am more than happy to discuss at your convenience.

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A lovely atmosphere in this hotel,makes you want to dress in period costume and swirl around!! Check in was fast friendly. So many beautiful things to admire and photograph. Very friendly staff,very willing to be of help. Kevin in the restaurant was so friendly and helpful, People like him actually make you want to come back. Had the best ever Steak here,cooked to perfection.i shall remember it for a long time, so good ! If I am ever back this way again I will certainly stay here. Very pleasant experience. Thanks all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service that we strive to give to all our guests.
We hope to see you return on another visit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have always wanted to stay at the Hassayampa Inn. I was born and raised in Arizona and finally took the opportunity during my recent visit to Prescott. I knew the hotel would be a wonderful place to stay and I was not disappointed. It was charming, historic, beautiful and the most fun I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Room I stayed in faced the quaint street toward the downtown square
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you June for taking the time to review the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This historic hotel has tons of charm, excellent service, beds that are so comfortable and plush - we enjoyed everything about the hotel except for the other guests!

Sadly the walls are thin and our neighbors had TV too loud and argued until 1:00 am. Called the desk and they quieted them down but slamming doors and loud voices continued.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your critical feedback helps us with continued improved service.
I was sorry to hear about the disturbance in your room. I would be happy to have you contact me at your convenience to discuss. Please feel free to contact me.

Thank you again for letting us know the areas in which we can improve. Take care