Hassayampa Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$115
$104
$79
Best Western Prescottonian(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$95
SpringHill Suites Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$119
Holiday Inn Express Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$80
The Forest Villas Hotel(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Hotel St. Michael(Prescott)(Great Value!)
$109
$135
$111
$129
Travelocity
All reviewspeacock roomhistoric hotelpeacock restaurantoriginal elevatorprime riboperated elevatorwhiskey rowrooms are smallromance packagedowntown prescottmodern amenitiesantique furniturecorner roombeautiful lobbytown squarelike stepping back in timeking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Okay, there is historic well-maintained, and then there is historic run-down. The Hassayampa Inn has charm but man, it is beat up. The carpet is so dirty and musty. Every single floor board creaks. The walls and doors are paper-thin. Note to guests: if you think the conversation that you are having INSIDE your room is private, you are wrong. We listened to an entire conversation in one room about how wrinkled someones clothes were, from the ice machine in the hall. On the way back, we listened to a couple, in their room with the door closed, talk about what time they were going out.

The elevator has to be manually operated, which could be cool, but it is also in need of repair and upkeep. The staff member has to sit there and fidget with the wheel and apologize that it doesn't work well while you look worried. So instead, drag your suitcases up the narrow, rickety stairs.

The rooms are small. You have to turn sideways to walk between the bed and dresser but it is comfortable. Good for 2 people, only.

The bar is cramped but very cool. This is where you get to actually enjoy some of the charm and details. It's the history of the place takes over in there. While you are there enjoying your drink, at some point, the traffic jam piling up out on Gurley Street feels out of place. It's hard to describe.

Now, parking. Good luck with that. There is a tiny little lot across the street that holds a handful of cars and is first come, first serve. Other than that, it's street parking and no telling how far away that will be.

The last thing is the part that bothered me the most. We reserved our room a few months prior, and pre-paid. I've never minded doing that because every hotel that I have ever done that with has a "best price guarantee". Meaning, if the price goes lower, you don't have to waste your time canceling your reservation and redoing your reservation every week to get the best deal. This hotel does not do that. The day we checked in, there were the same rooms available for $80 less per night. I considered saying something but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. So sorry I did. There was no credit given for the difference and I feel completely ripped off now. I know it's not stealing but as a customer who paid $80 more for the same exact thing, it kinda feels that way. For anyone staying there with reservations, be mindful of the prices and say something. They will keep the difference. Trust me.

• Stayed: July 2014
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your critical feedback is what helps us improve our service.
We are sorry to see that you were not pleased with your visit. If you would like to call and discuss areas you feel we can improve, I am more than happy to discuss at your convenience.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A lovely atmosphere in this hotel,makes you want to dress in period costume and swirl around!! Check in was fast friendly. So many beautiful things to admire and photograph. Very friendly staff,very willing to be of help. Kevin in the restaurant was so friendly and helpful, People like him actually make you want to come back. Had the best ever Steak here,cooked to perfection.i shall remember it for a long time, so good ! If I am ever back this way again I will certainly stay here. Very pleasant experience. Thanks all.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service that we strive to give to all our guests.
We hope to see you return on another visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have always wanted to stay at the Hassayampa Inn. I was born and raised in Arizona and finally took the opportunity during my recent visit to Prescott. I knew the hotel would be a wonderful place to stay and I was not disappointed. It was charming, historic, beautiful and the most fun I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Room I stayed in faced the quaint street toward the downtown square
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you June for taking the time to review the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This historic hotel has tons of charm, excellent service, beds that are so comfortable and plush - we enjoyed everything about the hotel except for the other guests!

Sadly the walls are thin and our neighbors had TV too loud and argued until 1:00 am. Called the desk and they quieted them down but slamming doors and loud voices continued.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your critical feedback helps us with continued improved service.
I was sorry to hear about the disturbance in your room. I would be happy to have you contact me at your convenience to discuss. Please feel free to contact me.

Thank you again for letting us know the areas in which we can improve. Take care

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Hassayampa Inn is a beautiful Victorian hotel in the heart of Prescott. Located near Whiskey Row, we were delighted with the bars, charming antique stores, ice cream parlors and hamburger joints. The Peacock Room offered delicious meals with impeccable service. The featured entertainment band on Friday night included a pretty blond singing Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" perfectly. Lots of bang for your buck. Order room service for breakfast, the lemon pancakes are luscious. Ask for extra raspberry sauce. All employees were exceedingly kind and courteous. I've read other reviews that made mention of the hotel being haunted. When we woke up Saturday morning, my husband told me that he didn't sleep a wink. Surprisingly, I didn't either. The ghosts from the past still hang around, I guess. But they're nice ghosts!! We'll be back...

Room Tip: Choose a corner room on the top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We were sorry to read that you didn't sleep as well as you could have. :) But are also glad to hear that you will be back.
We look forward to seeing you again.