“Location”
Review of Hassayampa Inn

Hassayampa Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed July 8, 2013

An especially good location for any events in the town square area. The hotel sits higher than the downtown street level, so the walk "downtown" is easy, about 2 blocks. The walk back is not quite so easy if you have had an active day for events in the square. The restaurant is dated, but has its own kind of charm if you're on the senior side of things. The menu is basic, and the service is good. I can't speak for the rooms as we have only been there for a special event, and several times for breakfast. This is an excellent location for any "downtown" activities.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been spending time in Arizona for many, many years, and while we have often visited Prescott, we have never spent the night. We and another couple planned a trip including a stay at the Hassayampa, and were very much looking forward to it. We knew that it was an older building, and hoped that this would imply history and charm.

History is there, particularly in the lovely lobby. We enjoyed the restaurant and bar, although both could use some refurbishments, especially the carpets.

The rooms, however, were not just small (expected), the were shabby and in the bathrooms, the floors were downright dirty. I don't think they had seen a bottle of bleach in at least 6 months. We have visited many historic properties all over the west, and have never had this experience, particulary at the prices charged for the rooms. We had hoped for an experience like the Arizona Inn, where the rooms are also modest and the bathrooms decidedly small. The Hassayampa didn't hold a candle.

And as other reviewers have noted, the AC system is like sleeping next to a train. The only good side to that was that it at least partially covered up the noise of other guests on our floor who seemed to have no knowledge that good parents don't let their children run up and down the hall in the middle of the night, or go out for french fries at midnight. We attempted to call the front desk about that situation, only to find that the phone in our room didn't work, and resorted to using our cell.

We would urge the owner of this property to make the investment that such an historic treasure deserves, and give it a major face lift. I would also urge greater staffing, since much of the time, it appeared that there was only one person on duty at the hotel.

I hope to hear that improvements are made, because we would like to visit again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elisabeth_7
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Hassayampa Inn. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed in your room accommodations. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Your critical feedback helps us improve our service for future guests. Thanks, again for your review, and we hope to see you again in Prescott – and at the Hassayampa Inn.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Several friend and myself stayed here while in Prescott and what a nice place. The rooms are somewhat small but are clean, flat screed TV and comfortable beds. The location is great at 2 blocks from whiskey row, just far enough for peace and quiet but easy walking distance. The lobby is stunning and the elevator is from the 30s and is very cool. Would diffidently stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill A
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was conducting a for the trade wine tasting and booked the Inn for the function rooms and guest rooms. Front desk and catering went out of their way to make the out of town folks feel welcome. Amore was great on the catering end and everything went very well. Judges liked the rooms, food and location, ringht in town so it was easy to get out and walk around with their free time. Rooms have recently been upgraded, the food was good, the lobby is fabulous vintage 1920s SW decor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Harry H
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love the Hassayampa. My recent stay there in June was my second. I love the historical aspect. When I visit an historical city such as Prescott, I don't want to stay in a supermodern, sleek hotel. I especially LOVE that they don't use bedspreads and blankets and only change the sheets. They use a clean duvet-type cover for each new guest so that every part of the bed that you touch is clean. It is very conveniently located to the historic Whiskey Row. After my last stay I realized that I was missing my favorite new scarf so I called to see if I had accidentally left it in the room. They called me back to say they had found it and sent it to me. For that reason alone, I will stay there on my next visit to Prescott.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Betsy K
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about your recent experience at the Inn. I was so glad to learn that our staff located and returned your favorite scarf! Our team is truly service-oriented – they always go above and beyond guest expectations. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The beauty of the decor and ambiance of this historic inn is incredible: luxuriant use of beautiful tiles and tile combinations, the stenciling of the beams and ceiling of the great room/lobby, the etched glass and art deco features and fixtures. The quiet elegance inside, and the lovely patio outside with splashing fountain and comfortably-cushioned wrought-iron chairs and tables, envelop one so soothingly. Then there was my room, more quiet elegance and taste, double-paned windows, plentiful, crisply tailored pillows and soft, luxurious bed. The staff is very welcoming, friendly, and eager to please. The restaurant cuisine is excellent and delicious. I felt happily removed from my busy everyday life, as if I were transported into a magical and restorative other world. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time at the Hassayampa Inn and I would like to preface this by saying that we will probably go back. I can't say enough about the location of this hotel. It's in the center of the most adorable, friendly, all American town.
The Hassayampa Inn is an old historic building that was restored very nicely....back in the 80's. It's tired and needs a makeover. The carpets are worn and the furniture would be better if they were actual antiques, at least it would explain why they were dirty, broken and tired too. My one complaint, the air conditioner!! It was sooo loud when it came on during the night it woke me up. We had to leave the fan running all night long the next evening so we could get some rest.
All and all we enjoyed our stay but would like the hotel better if they would give a little love to the aesthetics and the air conditioner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was sorry to learn that your air conditioner in your room was loud and kept you from experiencing a pleasant rest. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback helps us better serve our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.