“Fresh”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visit Esoji at least once a week. I usually only eat sushi on the coast, but I was told to try Esoji and was pleasantly surprised as it was very fresh- and continues to be very fresh every time I go. The presentation is beautiful, and every roll I've tried I really liked. It's a little higher in price, but worth it! Esoji is the best sushi in the area - must try :)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Esoji restaurant is just plain weird. The food is weird the waitress and waiters are weird, the cooks are weird and the entire experience of eating there is rather uncomfortable. We ordered off the standart menu, no sushi. We waited and waited. Then waited some more. Finally the order came and it was average in quality and, you guessed it, weird in flavor. The chicken was off and rubbery, fish old and sauces too, dare I say weird? Time for dessert. We ordered a dish that apparently took over 20 to 30 minutes to prepare. When we finally told the waitress to cancel the dessert order because we were out of time and had to go, she swished out with our order. Sadly, we really did have to go and could not eat the dessert. It was beautiful but she could not deal with us leaving. She did not know what to do so we just got up and paid at the hostess station. Too bad. We will never go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Decided to try sushi for the first time, and picked this place to try it. And let me tell you, this place does not disappoint! When I first walked in the restaurant was full of cheerful banter and practically the entire staff greeted me. They get busy quick so I sat at the sushi bar (being a party of 1). The sushi chefs were very interactive and made many suggestions for my first time selection. Every staff member agreed with the crunchy roll (absolutely excellent...and FRESH!) And I was too stuffed for dessert. I paid about $20 in all, between tipping my waitress, the chefs, a soda and the sushi roll. But considering you can taste the freshness in the ingredients and the atmosphere was great, I'll gladly pay that price and I will gladly return!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nothing we could ever want to change about Esoji. Just more ability to eat more. Have eaten there multiple times and we leave feeling intoxicated by the whole experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stop in & try the sushi at this place if you get the chance. The rolls at this restaurant are as good or better than any I've had at sushi bars in major cities. This place is a sneaky little hidden gem. It is a little pricey, but worth it.