“Hospitality and decor was awesome”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hospitality and decor was awesome”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I have found a new favorite spot to stay in Prescott. The service is wonderful and the rooms are great. The owners made the weekend a great experience. We stayed for a friend's bachelorete party and the staff went above and beyond to make it fun. They brought us warm fresh baked cookies and greeted us with a glass of wine. They made sure we had everything we needed and helped arrange transportation.. Their friendly staff and fun decor made the stay a memorable one and I can't wait to go back again. It is not often that you find such hospitable staff and neat decor. It was truly a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 10, 2010

The Motor Lodge exceeded every expectation I had, even after reading all of the great reviews and looking at all of the website pictures before I booked. Joe and Brian are the best. I felt like a guest in their home. I was there for work and after a long day arrived to check in with my parents and my sister. WOW!! The 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen, separate living area (with futon for more sleeping space) and GREAT front porch was perfect for us and we were ALL greeted with a nice large glass of wine. After unpacking we also were welcomed with warm chocolate chip cookies and lots of other surprises during our 4 night stay. The customer service markings for the Motor Lodge should be 10 instead of 5. These guys really know how to treat people. It's by far the best customer service I have experienced anywhere. It made our whole weekend and when leaving I even asked if I could move in. I looked in on almost every room and each one was unique and special in it's own way, it's hard to pick a favorite. Also, the High Speed Internet worked without a hitch. Reviewing my email at the end of the day, sitting outside on the porch with a glass of wine in the beautiful weather....where else can you do that? Enjoy your stay here, I am confident you will LOVE it as much as we did.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2010

As I write this, we still have another day to spend in Prescott. My son has been visiting Prescott College and I feel like we've happened onto a little slice of heaven. I agree with previous reviewer's about the hosts, Joe and Brian---they love what they do and it shows. I felt "at home" from the minute I entered the office door. Joe and Brian are very friendly and accommodating. These lovely cottages have been transformed to mid-century deco and are very comfortable and fun. They haven't skimped on the amenities and have most things available upon request(including hair dryers and ironing board/iron). My son asked about a tea kettle and we believe they gave us their own to use(great whistler). The kitchen was a pleasant surprise and very handy. The merchants around the square and beyond were very friendly and open to all my questions about the area. LOVE the "hometown" feel of this community. Whether my son chooses the college or not, I'll be back again. Thank you Joe and Brian-I feel I have 2 new friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
san diego
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Joe & Brian are the owners and perfect hosts. They went above and beyond to ensure that our long weekend visit was as comfortable as possible. Even took us to into a couple of vacant rooms so we could try out different reading chairs. Moved chairs and ottomans (we read a lot) so we'd have the perfect set up.

The beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. Room has small fridge and each room is decorated uniquely - no cookie cutter sameness here. Towels are plush, amenities are quality. They have put thought and effort into decor, comfort and surroundings. They've even hung chandeliers in the garages (most rooms have a single car garage).

CYCLISTS! Super cyclist friendly. No problem keeping your bikes in the rooms. They have several beach cruiser type bicycles which they encourage guests to use - free! Joe even drove 30" each way to pick us up at the end of one of our bike rides (we brought our bikes) because we only wanted to do 30 miles and not the switchbacks!! Unbelievable!

Location is perfect. Can walk to nearby restaurants and shops. Although The Lodge itself is on a main thoroughfare, it's very quiet in the rooms. Each room is a separate (what was originally built as summer) cabin.

They have an awesome orange old Ford pick up truck (newly painted and refurbished) and will take you somewhere if you don't want to walk.

While they both were gracious and helpful, they were not intrusive in the least. Not only would I recommend staying here, we'll definitely be back. We feel like we've got 2 friends in Prescott now.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyclecrazy57
East Anglia
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed here April 2010 and had a lovely time. From the moment we arrived Brian and Joe were so welcoming with a laid back easy charm.

Our room was cosy and comfortable. The only thing to be aware of is the overhead shower is in a rather small cubicle, which means you can't get your head out of the spray so have to wear a cap whilst showering, unless you are planning on washing your hair, and the long over hang of the tap at the wash basin means you can't bend over it very easily to wash your face, but....the quirkiness is all part of the fun of staying somewhere different. If you want the bland precision of a chain hotel then stay elsewhere.

The table and chairs set outside each room, makes for a pleasant place to sit and relax with a book in the afternoon, or a candle lit chat with fellow guests in the evening. Having a fridge in the room is handy to keep drinks and snacks cool, although there is a convenience store only a short way down the road. Prescott itself is great, with plenty of places to eat, and drink, all within strolling distance.

When we left, Brian suggested a very scenic route for us to take on our route back to Vegas (the original Route 66) and gave me a jar of local honey to take home with us. It tasted great by the way.

Nothing is too much trouble for the owners, so just ask. It is the small touches that made such a difference to our stay in Prescott, and I have no hesitation in recommending The Motor Lodge to anybody who appreciates a bit of individuality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 24, 2010

"We were in Prescott for a workshop and wanted a nice, pleasant, clean place to stay. The Motor Lodge delivered that and more. Brian answered our called about availability. We travel with a service dog and had just been rebuffed by a local B & B owner. So rather than have another unpleasant incident we wanted to check with the Motor Lodge's owner's before making the reservation. Brian could not have been kinder and more welcoming when we called and followed through when we arrived.

He and Chopper, the Motor Lodge mascot, greeted us as we drove up to register. Chopper greeted my service dog and there was no question that we were welcome to stay. Chopper is a wonderful friendly dog, who gave me the feeling that she protects Brian and Joe, the Motor Lodge, and all the guests staying there.

The room was retro funky, with the most comfortable King size bed and wonderful down comforter. The kitchenette was greatly appreciated. Even though we like to eat out, it is nice to have a kitchen and a refrigerator for left overs and snacks. Even a full size coffee maker for that first cup of coffee in the morning. What a better way to greet the day, but to sit out on our deck with a cup of coffee.

Did I say clean? Yes and very very clean. The bathrooms were stocked with thick full sized bath towels, yummy soaps, shampoos and conditioners, as well as hand and body cream. Again...clean clean clean. And not that antiseptic smelling clean, but a fresh mountain air clean.

Brian and Joe had wonderful suggestions of where to eat, listen to music and shop. Every suggestion hit the mark, from breakfest at The Rooster Cafe, to dinner at 129 1/2: An American Jazz Grill. Thank you for all the great ideas.

After a wonderful 4 day stay, we are packing up and getting ready to hit the road. We will definitely return to The Motor Lodge. It is a great reason to visit Prescott!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I loved my stay at the Motor Lodge. I came to Prescott from the Pine Forest side and said to my self, I want to stay there - The Motor Lodge. It is super cute, well cared for and a one of a kind jewel.The owners definately pour their heart and soul into the place. They are so close to town, walking to town and go shopping worked really well. I can't wait to come back. I was soooo happy, the rooms were nicely decorated, a little retro cool thing going on. It is so worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo