“High expections were met!!”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Bettendorf, Iowa
“High expections were met!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed in the Stardust room which my wife just loved! Decor was very quirky and creative. Being a 'senior" couple was worried about the quietness but was assured that 9:30 was "quiet" time and sure enough we slept just great. Walking distance to downtown. Ask for room 5 or 6 for more privacy. We left early and as we were leaving town got a phone call from owners thanking us and asking about our stay. Now how many motel owners do that? Enough said!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Expectations are high when a place is reviewed this many times with 5-star ratings. It's a little hard to live up to those kind of expectations, I would think. However, Joe and Brian do. Ok, first of all, I have never stayed in an inn, motel, or hotel where I left knowing the owners' names. Or caring what they were. But The Motor Lodge is a gem - convenient location, retro charm, SUPREMELY comfortable bed (my most important criteria), service that is so good it doesn't even seem like "service." I mean, I felt like I was welcomed into their home - glass of wine on check-in, butter-laden fresh cookies on check-out, warm fire on the patio in the evening, recommendations on where to eat and who I could call to book a facial, even the offer of a friend who could take me kayaking on the lake. Joe showed me the empty rooms the afternoon I checked in - they were just as charming as the one I booked. In fact, the "family suite" was larger than a couple of the studio apartments I lived in during college (although this, admittedly, is not saying much). Overall, a warm and happy experience. If you want a personal touch and something as far from "corporate" as you can imagine in every respect, from decor to service, this is your place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a GEM! The owners have done an amazing job to make sure that everyone is welcome, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The decor, in the rooms, and outside is quirky, cool and...just great! Wonderful experience from check- in to check-out. Could not have asked for a better place to spend the night while in Prescott. A step back in time for my husband and l. Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Very fun. Back to the 50's and the days before the interstates. A couple of blocks from old downtown Prescott. Welcome was very warm, free beer and soda. Rooms are all remodeled, beds comfortable. Will stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here with a girlfriend recently. They gave wonderful customer service! We received a welcome beer and homemade cookies. Kim was a gracious host. We checked in early but we had groceries with us. They took them and had them put in our room for us! They even supplied us with a microwave. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. We had the room with a fireplace which was such a nice touch. Also, having our own carport was a great extra. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Moreno Valley, California, Usa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cool, retro, old school, unique, fun. You are greeted with a craft beer or wine and sent on your way with a bag of cookies. Oh, its clean and comfortable. Grab a bike and ride around town. My wife and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I live in the area and after hearing favorable reviews about the Motor Lodge, we decided to book for our anniversary. We were not disappointed. The hospitality, chic decor, and overall welcoming and comfortable atmosphere far surpassed our expectations. The owners are down to earth and incredibly helpful. If you are staying in the Prescott area and are looking for a wonderful place to stay, choose the Motor Lodge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple