“Highly recommend !”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and 2 daughters recently stayed in Scottsdale and planned a trip out to Prescot. We booked to stay at The Motor Lodge and I don't think we could have chosen better! We had a beautiful room, which was full of quirky antiques/ retro furniture and was spotlessly clean. There was the choice of a welcome beer or wine and on leaving, my girls were very happy to be given homemade cookies, straight out of the oven!

Once back in Scottsdale, we realised that we had left some of the girls' toys behind - these arrived back to us 2 days later in the post - so thoughtful and I had 2 very happy little girls!

If you are visiting Prescott, I highly recommend you stay at The Motor Lodge x

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I were in the Phoenix area house hunting and decided to take a trip north and check out Prescott- we called a few days ahead of time and by some stroke of luck they had a cancellation. We booked our room for 2 nights and I was so impressed with every detail. We were welcomed with beers, recommendations for food- which we took and were glad we did. The bed was so comfortable we abandoned our late night plans the last night we were there just to lay in the bed.. SO comfy! We took a trip to whiskey row and stopped in Matt's which was a blast. Mixed age group and lots of fun. Live band with no cover. We were sad to leave the nostalgia of the motor lodge that reminded me of my grandma's house with a bit of a gallery feel. Perfect stay and would love to come back! Would give 10 stars if I could. Left with a bag of cookies and a huge smile on our faces :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place was great! We got the phone call early that day saying they were ready for us if we wanted to check in early. Arrived to be welcomed with a glass of wine, cold beer and soft drink for our daughter. The decor was great fun for my husband and me, our daughter had never seen a rotary phone. We borrowed bikes and went for a tour around town. Kim made a point of giving us recommendations for dinner and breakfast that were spot on. And we left the next morning with a warm goodbye and a bag of fresh cookies. What more could you ask for? It was clean, comfortable and delightfully fun!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Don't bother looking anywhere else in Prescott for accommodation... in fact if you are visiting Arizona ... arrange your trip to get here... its a tourist attraction in its own right. The hospitality is amazing, the decor is out of this world and the location is perfect - a gentle stroll into town to the delights of "Whiskey Row" yet far enough out of town to be quiet.
Joe, Brian and all the team there deserve all the praise they have had here and on other review sites - its clearly more than a commercial enterprise - to get it like this is down to a labour of love.
If they have no vacancies - change your travel plans - its a "must see"

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pulling our car into our own garage bay (right next to the room) and seeing the retro chandelier hanging above (on an automatic timer, no less) was the first of numerous interesting, welcoming, and accommodating impressions this place made on us. In our room, a gas fireplace set in a stone hearth, controlled by the thermostat... a phone call during the day to tell us we could check in early if we happened to be in the area already... an offer of drinks when we checked in, a small travel bag of cookies when we checked out... personal front porches on the rooms... a couple of outdoor fire pits going, on the common porches... interesting lighting, intriguing details, comfort, cleanliness, and attentiveness to our needs... this is a special place, within easy walking distance of downtown, that any visitor who ever reflects on the sterility and homogeneity of the big chain hotels must try.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been watching the Motor Lodge online for a few years, waiting for my chance to go there.

All those wonderful reviews that are posted on TA, they are completely and utterly true. I expected a really neat and special experience and left with a big smile on my face, looking forward to coming back again, feeling like this place was the real deal where guests were welcomed and well taken care of and the employees enjoyed every minute of it.

What makes this place special? Everyone will have their own answer. Here's mine....

The manner in which you are greeted and made to feel welcome in a genuine way.
The helpful people who are happy to answer your questions and share their ideas (this is true for everyone that works on the property, not just the owners).
The truly unique and unexpected furnishings of the room (someone put alot of love into this place).
The way it doesn't feel like a hotel at all but like staying at your cool friend's swanky guest house.
The interesting use of astro turf that made me smile.
The really comfy, king sized bed with the soft, nice smelling sheets.
Providing an EXTRA bag of coffee and full size coffee maker so people aren't limited to just a meager cup or two each.
A front porch with chairs for everyone! Hurray! Kindof like a little community.

Being only three blocks from Whiskey Row is obviously a bonus, but you can be three blocks away in a hotel you wished you'd never spent your time or money on.

Come to this hotel. HURRY! We left there making lists of friends we need to tell about it. If I had done anything different, I would have stayed here multiple nights and used it for our 'home base' while we took day trips to other cities around the area.

Thank you, Joe and Brian, for creating a treasure and nurturing the Motor Lodge and it's visitors. Staying there made me feel kindof groovy myself:)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

First...thanks to the owners for making the "where to stay" soooo easy. Point blank...This place is fabulous!! It looks great...clean, super friendly staff, located perfectly for shopping and dining. The room decor is a treat. Cudos to the decorator! Our room was really classy. The owners definitely take pride in there work. My wife and I can't thank you enough for making our stay so relaxing. I had to think long and hard to decide if anything wasn't just perfect....5 stars gentlemen!!! And P.S. Toonces was a joy to have around! Motor Lodge...you do it right! Thanks!!

• Stayed: March 2013