“I do this with mixed emotions...”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed October 25, 2011

There is a huge part of me that would love to keep this place a secret, because it is wonderful and I want it to always be there for me....but, in fairness to the fabulous owners and staff, I have to give it it's due!

I read prior reviews and thought "we'll see" but it lived up to everything you read and more!
Joe and Brian are amazing hosts...I never felt more welcome when I checked into accommodations. They were warm, generous and congenial. There staff is an amazing reflection of them... I have spent three nights here and I want to continue to stay!

Each room is an old 'summer cottage'. They walk you through everything in your room....air, fireplace, accommodations. Joe even swapped out one of my deck chairs for a cushioned one when I told him that I was planning on sitting out there and reading. He just wanted me to be comfortable.

I can't rave enough...well located (only 4 blocks - walking - from town square), easy to find, amazing hosts and staff....quirky, fun decor. No one I ever saw here was distracted or in a bad mood....right down to the housekeeping...they wanted to make sure I had everything I needed or wanted. It was like being enveloped in a giant hug...heck, I even had a cat that settled in with me on the patio for reading time. (But she never pushed into the room...) ALL the comforts of home, with the joys of a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Rose M

Reviewed October 23, 2011

From the friendly greeting & cold beer to the eclectic decor (they have chandeliers in their garages) it was the best place of a 5 day motorcycle trip in Arizona! Brian was gracious and his dining suggestions were spot on. My only regret was spending only one night there!

Room Tip: The apartment was wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank drewalex
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed two nights in room #6, which has an original vintage bedroom set from the Stardust hotel. It was a perfect mix of vintage and modern decoration with an awesome remodelled bathoom. The bed is so comfortable you don't want to leave. We met other friendly travelers and had a nice, quiet, relaxing stay. Kim met us with complimenary wine and beer when we arrived and showed us to our room. We have stayed with Brian and Joe at The Motor Lodge in the past, and it is the only place we will stay in Prescott. They are #1 for a reason.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Racestrong
Reviewed October 12, 2011

In September, we stayed one night at The Motor Lodge. What a cute, cozy and very friendly spot. Brian, the owner, is awesome; it’s like visiting a good friend. We were welcomed with a beer and a glass of wine !! It was very appreciated after driving on the motor bike for a few hours. If we ever drive by Prescott again, we will stay there for sure. I highly recommend the Motor Lodge.

Keep up the good work Brian! Chantal & Serge

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chantal F
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Ok, so the cold beer on arrival (following a long and frustrated drive from the "skywalk") and the honey and cookies on departure, were very much appreciated, but we were seduced by much more than that... Brian and his partner are like old friends, the welcome, and tips on the area were spot on. The Raven for an evening meal on the rooftop was perfect.

The motel has been styled beautifully, but the substance is there too, the bed and pillws were extremely comfortable, the area was quiet, we had a coffee machine with huge mugs and take away cups, and the place had personality. The shower oom is incredibly tiny, but hey, it had everything you need.

Prescott is a fab little town with character, whiskey row, art galleries and a great vibe. We SO wish we could've stayed an extra night and would wholeheartedly recommend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A wonderful gitchy but clean place to stay. Friendly staff, a toasty fireplace, comfortable bed, free wifi, walking distance to whiskey row. A highlight!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Rooms are very retro and nice, super clean, staff is really friendly. Cannot wait to stay there again!!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business