“Delicious!”

Donovan's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Donovan's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 3,165 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: Camelback & 31st
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 700 wines features the best the world has to offer.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife took me here last night for a quiet dinner & we had a wonderful time. The staff were all very pleasant & attentive & the food was absolutely delicious. We both ordered 1 of the pre-planned meals that included soup/salad, choice of filet mignon/pork chop/salmon, vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes and for dessert a choice of creme brulee or cheese cake. We were both absolutely stuffed. We liked it so much we will be taking our house guests with us next week for dinner.

Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello drheam69,

Thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you and your wife and and excellent time with us and that you're coming back with friends! Thanks again for the feedback and we'll see you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a very pleasant experience. Food was delicious and the service was wonderful. Pricey but worth it to impress that special someone.

Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello Jean2248,

Thank you for your kind review! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and that your meal was absolutely delicious. Thank you again for your feedback and business, it's greatly appreciated and valued! I hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Many of our friends swear by Donavan's, but ... for this kind of pricing I was expecting the meat - at least - to be cooked to order. So 4 because mostly good (mine was out of 4 persons) but definitely not worth a 5.

Despite a very precise time of reservation (no choice), they installed us at the bar to wait - obviously to have us drink more than planned. We ordered, then the table was ready before the drink, they said they would bring them to our table ... and never did.

Service at the table was overall friendly but the lady who sat us and then our nice waiter - both had hair that looked greasy, which is not what you expect in a restaurant much less of this reputation.

A person asked for medium cooked and the other one for medium rare. The medium rare was cooked and the medium cooked was completely rare - and they were not the same cuts so it was not a problem of just changing the plates.

This place is so expensive that you can't even see the prices on their menu on the web site - that tells it all. We like good restaurant so don't mind paying (at least) $80 / person but it needs to deserve it. Regardless of the mess up in meats, you would have expected a bill of no more than $50 / person. We had a bottle of wine for 4 - among the least expensive.

Hello TravelingCat22,

I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies about your experience at our restaurant. I'd like to continue this conversation with you if you'd like. You can reach me at jessicab@donovanssteakhouse.com or 858-458-9912. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Donovan's is a great place to celebrate special occasions or just indulge in fine dining once in a while.
The service is excellent and although we aren't regulars (I can't justify spending $130 on a meal for 2 very often), the staff was very friendly and attentive.
The steaks are done to perfection. The portion of veggie that came with the steak was a bit small for my taste but its all about presentation at higher scale restaurants.
We will be back when we are ready to splurge again.

Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello Grammyolson,

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your kind review. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal from start to finish and that the staff took excellent care of you. Thank you again for your feedback and business, it's greatly appreciated and valued. I hope you'll join us for your next special occasion!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We eat here at least once a year on my son's birthday in September because it is his favorite restaurant. Its not cheap, but it is wonderful. The kids always enjoy themselves and I like that they experience formal dining. The service is superb and the food is wonderful. We had lobster and steak, and everything was just perfect.

Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hello Cathie183,

Thank you for your kind review! I'm very glad you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant and that you make it the "go-to" spot for special occasions. I'm also very pleased to hear that your children enjoy it as well! Thank you again for your positive feedback and business, it's greatly valued and appreciated. I hope you'll join us again soon!