“Excellent taste” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Taco Tote

El Taco Tote
Ranked #740 of 3,041 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Glendale, Arizona, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place offers excellent authentic tacos and the variety of salsas is just great. I recommend this place to anyone who is tired of restaurants that try to offer authentic Mexican food, but fail to meet the standards.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sidney S

Phoenix, Arizona
“Clean your act up.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been here five maybe six times in the last three years and every time the place was a mess. The salsa station always looks destroyed and unattended. I waited over twenty minutes for this fast food which gave me enough time to look around. I sat there and watched a bug crawl across the blinds that haven't been cleaned in for ever, if ever. Management neglects to clean this place up. I won't be back. A shame since I always liked there mini tacos type dish.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kaycationers
Houston, Texas
“What a Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was hungry....unfamiliar with Phoenix and decided to give Taco Tote a try. I expected typical Mexican fast food. I was very surprised. First the menu was varied and offered something for everyones taste and appetite. The pound of fajita with sides was perfect for two people. Self serve chips and salsa bar allowed you to find just what you wanted to compliment your entree.

I eat alot of Mexican food and this place impressed me. The borracho beans were created by a master!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Salem, Oregon
“Best Mexican Food in all of Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We've been asking around to find the most authentic Mexican Food in Phoenix. Most of what we have tried has been....well, not what we were looking for. We were in Mesa today, right by the El Taco Tote, which was between an Arby's and another Mexican Fast Food place. El Taco Tote was recommended by a friend, and he was right. This really is the best we've had.
He recommended the Barbacoa (shredded beef) and the Top Sirloin Steak Tacos. We ordered them, and the Shrimp taco and Fish Taco. We loved all of them. The corn and flour tortillas are made there on the spot, fresh. There is a Salsa Bar with lots of fresh salsas, guacamole salsa (oh yum!) fresh veggies...about 10 or 12+ options to choose from. The Tortilla chips were "help yourself" and you can top them from the Salsa Bar.
Everything is very fresh. The food is so flavorful. The fish is crispy and so good. The shrimps are big and plentiful.
We ate at the Mesa location on Country Club and Southern, but the other location is 35th & Camelback. This was worth the 30 minute travel it took to get there.
We can't wait to go back there. My tummy is having a banquet.
They have $5.00 plates every day, all day long.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Debimlee
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been to the location in Tucson and Mesa. Really good, cheap. You order at a counter and they bring it to you...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

I've been to the location in Tucson and Mesa. Really good, cheap. You order at a counter and they bring it to you. Great place for very informal, family food.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook