“My favorite restaurant in Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mi Comida Restaurante Latino - CLOSED

Mi Comida Restaurante Latino
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Spanish, South American, Mexican, Colombian, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Neighborhood: Deer Valley
USA
“My favorite restaurant in Phoenix”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I first tried this Ecuadorian restaurant several years back after reading a rave review for it in the Arizona Republic, and I've been going back regularly ever since. It's a very small mom and pop operation -- mom cooks and pop runs the front. And is she ever an incredible cook! I've tried several dishes and everything has been wonderful, but my absolute favorite is the encocados de camaron -- shrimp in a coconut curry sauce. The curry is light -- it's not an Indian curry taste. No description could do it justice -- it's absolutely divine! It's an appetizer, but we get it with rice, and it's a full meal (but I always save room for a side of maduros -- sweet plantains). Service is slow; one cook and I'm betting she makes everything from scratch, so get a drink and linger over chips and salsa with a friend. The restaurant is small, maybe five or six tables, but the decor is nice. And they'll do take-out (but call it in or else you'll be waiting for a while).

• Visited August 2011