“So glad they're back!”

Neighborhood: North Mountain
Phoenix, AZ
“So glad they're back!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

After a LONG ordeal in changing their address/location, Karl's is back!

In their absence I had taken to buying my baked goods at the local grocery stores.

I recently went into Karl's for an apple pie, and OMG the difference is huge!

Family owned and operated, Karl's is the best!

• Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“The best cupcake in the valley”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is the first time I've been into the new store. Maybe because it's bigger and I could see more I was impressed with the selection. I had lunch with my husband in his office and stopped by Karl's for dessert. The carrot cupcakes were truly the best I've had in the valley and I would guess I've tried over a dozen places (not supermarkets). I also bought a fritter because the sales girl gave me a taste and I couldn't resist because it was so fresh and light and yummy. I've had their cakes and pies and now I can't wait to try their breads.

• Visited May 2014
Burtonsville, Maryland
“Excellent Cafe/Bakery”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Home of the "Kronut" - the K is from Karl of course - their version of the croissant/donut combo "cronut" which was named recently the best in town. And I agree. The food and pastries here are excellent, prices are good for the value compared to similar establishments. They try to fashion their baked goods in European (Swiss-German) quality style and they do succeed. The business is still family-owned and operated so expect a friendly smile and great conversation.

• Visited August 2013