“Business Trip & Training”

Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley
Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Thanks to all the staff at the Residence inn. This was my 5 visit to this facility and this time I had 37 people in my group. They all loved the facilities and amenities of the Residence Inn. Shannon also told us that as a guess at the Residence inn we could walk over to the Courtyard next door and enjoy their lobby area and the bistro which has excellent food. It was very conveniently located and there are lots of places to eat within walking distance. The BBQ and pool areas were clean and big enough for our large group. They served food on M-W evenings which was excellent after a full day outdoors.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel staff and facilities were great. We had over 60 players and families stay for 3+ nights and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Highly recommended. The BBQ and pool areas were clean and big enough for our large group. After hours the staff opened up the larger rooms which were great for all of the players and families.

Chino Hills THUNDER Baseball

Room Tip: 1-2 bedroom suites are great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was very convenient to go to northern places like Sedona and Lake Havasu City. Very conveniently located with a lot of shopping and restaurants. Very close to the freeway. They served food on M-W evenings which was excellent after a full day outdoors.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I spent a few days at the sprayer to and really enjoyed our stay. He location severed our needs well as we had plans for events in the northern Phoenix area. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The cleaning staff did a nice job every day. If you need to stay away from home for several days these properties work so well. If I had one comment I would say that the could use more staff for the morning breakfast, often the coffee was empty and food was running low. The breakfast worked hard but they just could use one extra employee to keep things filled. I heard several comments on this.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MIFire
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great location . easy on and off free way. excellent service, friendly staff. The happy hour was wonderful. The rooms were clean and kept up.. Lots of food choices walking distance. Evev bits of shopping was walking distance. Would stay there again,

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank specedgirl
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We are frequent guests of the Residence Inn hotels. They are pet friendly and perfect for a 4+ day stay. We love the fully stocked kitchenette because it allows us to cook our own meals. Eating the same choice fast food or restaurants on the road gets old. The kitchenettes have a range, microwave, fridge, four piece flatware and place setting. All you need is your own groceries. We tried eating at the complimentary happy hour, but gave up after some of the other hotel guests took multiple plates of food leaving nothing for other guests. I guess they assumed it was an all you can eat buffet and they were the ONLY guests in the hotel.
There is guest laundry available. Free wifi. There is a large breakfast spread. (I'd advise getting there early in the morning) Our room was very clean, the linens and towels smelled very fresh and clean. Housekeeping did an excellent job cleaning the room each day. The front desk service was polite and courteous. When I had a problem with the key card reader on my door, they responded promptly with a maintenance worker to replace the card reader. I-17 is located 1/2 mile from the hotel. Large variety of stores, restaurants within 3 miles of the hotel. The price, quality and service are very reasonable.
The next time we are in Phoenix we will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Floors 4 or 5 are quieter, less guest traffic & noise. The lowers floors seemed to have more kid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I are retired and decide this year we would stay in hotels for extended period during our trip. We had booked a week in a one bedroom suite at this hotel and the location turn out to be everything we expected. However the first room we were put in was next to a mechanical room with a constant very low drumming noise. To the hotels credit they did move us to another room which is always a pain when you have settled in. Well the next room turn out to be much better as long as the HVAC was not running, this was easy to solve by turning the unit off at night. I am sure they have many room were this would not be a problem and I would stay here again but would check it our more before I accepted a room. I did mention it is in a great location.

Room Tip: Turn on your HVAC unit if you are a light sleeper before accepting your room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple