“Just amazing!”
Review of Kai Restaurant

Kai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-10 and Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Description: Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, Kai, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Thomas Riordan and Chef de Cuisine Ryan Swanson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. James Beard Award-winning Chef Janos Wilder is consulting chef for KAI and is renowned for creating unique and indigenous menu experiences. Open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday, reservations are strongly recommended. Kai maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, T-shirts, and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. Denim is not preferred. As a courtesy to other diners, please refrain from using cell phones or laptops in the dining room.
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Perfect...all the way around. Service...food. ..just everything. We left sooooo full after the 6 course meal. I want to say more but don't want to ruin the surprise.

We cannot wait to go back and just order the buffalo!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went to Kai as a birthday splurge. We were definitely treated like lords of the manor from the moment we walked in. The service was amazing. My husband said he'd never expected anything like the caliber of service. (Our 1st 5 diamond) He only had to glance toward the waiter and he was immediately at our table. Everyone at the table had an individual server to bring and clear everyone's dish at the same time. You were addressed by your last name from the moment you arrived at the hostess station since the valet had alerted them you were on your way in. Same on way out. Car was waiting with water, chocolates, and a note from the waiter thanking us for our patronage inside. Food was wonderful, especially the squash/pumpkin soup with so many flavors and textures . Each bite was unique. Complimentary to the meal were bottled water, an amuse bouche starter, 3 kinds of distinctive breads,local olive oil,a sorbet in a unique bowl, desert and truffles. Made for an elaborate meal even though we only ordered the soup and a main. Quite enough food for us.
The decor of the restaurant is a bit plain,especially as this is my favorite resort in the area, with it's grand panorama of the desert as you enter the lobby. But Kai is about the food, presentation and service, not the view. Expensive,of course,but didn't miss a step.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Second visit to Kai. Service is as good as it gets, food is a gastromical delight of monumental proportions.

Even the valet service is memorable. I've traveled the world, around 2.5 million miles. Had the opportunity to experience some of the finest dining in countless cultures. So far, nothing exceeds the excellence of Kai.

1  Thank vrussela
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was going to Arizona for the first time and tripadvisor travelers rated the restaurant #1 so I thought why not check it out - and I am so glad I did - it was like an adventure in food that had my taste buds dancing to all night long. It wasn't cheap, the "Short Story" a seven course meal is $135 per person but in the end it was well worth it. It's an Indian meal and each course was explained by the server. Each time I looked at a little tiny portion and though "what, you're kidding me" but each one was so very very tasty and I struggled to eat the last course cause I was too full. The food, the service, the atmosphere were all well worth the cost of the meal. Next time I am in Arizona I will definitely go back. I am really going to have a problem rating other restaurants after going here cause they raised the bar higher than I have ever known before.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Been to Kai after hearing a lot about it.
The place lives upto it's expectations on food and service.
Loved the duck and the tenderloin definitely one of the best.
The place could do a little bit more with decor and atmosphere though.
Overall definitely worth a visit