“Good food! Good drinks!”
Review of Meritage Steakhouse - CLOSED

Meritage Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Desert Ridge
Cross street: Tatum Blvd & Deer Valley Rd
Description: The perfect marriage of fine wine and fine aged steaks. The menu also features chicken, seafood and a selection of signature side dishes; An impressive selection of wines by the glass, half and full bottles encourage diners to sample from the steakhouse's fine wine cellar. The restaurant offers intimate indoor and outdoor dining and a welcoming fire pit.Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After traveling all day my husband and I decided to visit this steakhouse on the resort grounds. I ordered the free range chicken with asparagus, and a salad, it was very tasty. Also the bartender made me a cosmopolitan with top shelf vodka (Belvedere) this was the best thing after a long day.

There are newer reviews for Meritage Steakhouse

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio. Attentive service. Reasonable prices. View was disappointing - expected to overlook golf course.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had actually not heard of the Meritage Steakhouse before I bought a voucher from Travelzoo. I will say it's a little hard to find but once there we had a very enjoyable evening. The steaks of very high quality & cooked just right. Our waiter was excellent. Provided some great info on the menu selections and was attentive without being overbearing. The atmoshpere is cozy but since it is very close to the Marriott golf clubhouse, I think it caters mostly to golfers...in other words you'd be disappointed in the ambience if you went there for a romantic date. We will likely go back again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I arrived on a week night with no reservation, and were seated with no problem. We ordered from their version of an early-bird menu, which included salad, flank steak, beans, potates and creme brulee. Everything was done perfectly and it was a treat to go there.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food was excellent as was the service.My son and I went on a Sunday evening around 6:00 and pretty much had the place to ourselves until around 7:00.Service was extremely attentive but because they were slow at that time we almost felt like the staff hovered which can be annoying after awhile.I mean I like quick service but at least give me a chance to chew my food before you stop to ask if everything is ok.Steaks , side dishes and desserts were all outstanding.Nice wine selection as well. Prices are a little on the high end for Scottsdale but I've paid more for a lot less.$40 for a nice filet would not be so bad by itself but add the extra charges for the side dishes and salads you run up a pretty good tab. Both the side dishes and desserts are big enough to share so keep that in mind.Now for the negatives. This is really nothing more than a high end sports bar.All the dining is in the same room as the bar with multiple TVs going.If you are with a bunch of guys that played golf earlier and are now looking for a really good meal without traveling far form the course then this is definitely the place for you.But if you are there with your significant other and are looking for a quiet , romantic evening I would look elsewhere.Not to say that you couldn't have a nice quiet meal here but you need to ask to be seated in one of the corners away from the bar.People do gather there before dinner and it can be rather loud.My son and I did not mind so much since we had golf on one tv and football on another.This was great for us until a group of 10 stood at the bar right in front of us for about 20 minutes until their table was ready.So all in all you have a really nice evening here as long as you understand what you are getting.