“A new favorite for me in Phoenix”
Review of Ticoz Resto-Bar - CLOSED

Ticoz Resto-Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My daughter and I went here for restaurant week after reviewing dozens of menus. We'd like an appetizer on one but not the main course or vise versa. When we saw Ticoz, we wanted one of each appetizer, main course AND dessert! We truly couldn't decide on the appetizer so we each ordered the Cesar salad with lime chili dressing and then we shared an order of the calamari off the menu with probably the best dipping sauce I've ever had .... it was a jalapeno lime sauce. YUM! My daughter had green chili mac and cheese (does it get much better than that?) and it was a HUGE portion. Most of it went home for her lunch the next day. I opted for the blue corn enchiladas and they did not disappoint. They were accompanied by PERFECTLY grilled zucchini....not too mushy, not to crisp. Delicious! Each of the dessert choices sounded great but neither of us could resist the Kahlua creme brulee. I plan to take my husband when we go back to Phoenix to visit in November....it was that good!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

They have the best homemade Sangria, i had an amazing chicken and grilled peaches salad. The appetizers are filling and very good if you go just for happy hour.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I happened to dine on Monday evening which was half-priced mojito night - and the blackberry mojito was delicious! But even better - the food. I haven't stopped raving about that dinner to friends. I had the blue-corn enchiladas, substituting black beans for the rice and the whole dinner was a sensory delight. Yum.

1  Thank Sharedfield
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Directed here by our B&B owner, my party of three had a great Friday night dining experience. From the pozole to the grilled peach salad to the lettuce wraps to the paella, the food was all fresh, unique, and delicious. The drinks were tasty, too. Even with multiple $8 drinks on the bill, our total was very reasonable. Service was great and a manager stopped by to check on us and other tables. Nice atmosphere in the dining room, bar, and even the patio (though it was too hot to actually sit out there). Needing a location for brunch the next day, we were excited to notice the brunch menu. We were equally pleased with our Saturday experience at Ticoz. The pork torta sandwich was AMAZING and the breakfast burrito was huge and tasty. The drink specials were great (mimosas, bloody and spicy marys, greyhounds, screwdrivers, cape cods) and cheap ($3).

1  Thank Laurenk1980
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Fresh, original and really good? I had the street tacos. Incredibly good and unexpected. Another time a original salad. Don't miss this place (and avoid reviews that sound like you stepped on the dog, they extract fees from restaurants.) if any of this was helpful please click the helpful. It is nice to know I am helping someone out here.

2  Thank travelregent