“Looks can be deceiving, and in this case they are.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I chose the motel based on cost, location and good reviews. I arrived after dark and used the GPS to go to the motel. When I arrived, I checked the address to make sure I was in the right place! Honestly, had I not read the good reviews, I would have kept on driving. The place isn't exactly scarey looking from the outside, but it is also not the least bit inviting. At the front desk counter (there is no lobby) the woman who greeted me was kind and friendly. My reservation for the nght did not show up on her computer, though I had a copy of my confirmation with me, she did not hesitate to honor the price I had been promised on-line. The room was fine. Clean, quiet enough, with a clean little fridge, a nice clean microwave and a clean and comfortable bed. The bathroom was also clean and in the morning there was plenty of hot water. An in room coffee pot would have been helpful, but for the price, I more than got my money's worth. At the end of my trip I stayed there again the night before my flight out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SZ932
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are proud to our guest like you who suggest their experience to future travelers, Thank you so much for your feedback and mention about our all amenities and proud staff, we like your suggestion about coffee pot in the room, our management team will be defiantly think about this, we are proud of our service after hear from you, thank you again for staying with us at the end of your trip, hope your next trip stay also with us.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff was really helpful in a lot of ways, from a FREE upgrade to arranging tranportation to proctecting my identity when scammers tried to call my room!! Room itself was very clean and ultra-modern. Only minor problem was the bed was a little too firm. Neat idea with the soap & shampoo dispensers in the bathroom! Hopefully next time I stay there will be more restaurants within walking distance built!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WCSmith
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear, smith thank you for your survey for our property , our entire staff is customer oriented they do their best as much as they can, thank you for your appreciation to our proud staff and service, also we know that kind of scammers who call unknown guests room but before we transfer their call we make sure with guests, so you don’t need to worry about them because “ your identity protection is part of our service” , so feel free enjoy your stay with us, after your comment we replace mattress in that room thank you for your suggestion, see you soon in phoenix!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The old cliche' comes to mind when i think of this hotel. When i first saw it i was like Wat The Hell. But as i got my key and entered the room i was like cool. First of all the key u just hold it to this black box on the door and it opens. No more swiping back and forth tryn to get the door open. Now the room had Direct TV and nice 42-47in tv and a king size bed. It had a dorm size fridge and it dispenciers for soap, shampoo on the wall by the sink and in the shower. And big kuddos no more of those little sample soaps and shampoo bottles to mess with. I would say this is a nice hotel for where it is located which is close to downtown. Don't judge a book by it's cover is how i would describe this hotel. Sometimes the best kept secrets are the ones overlooked because of how and wat it looks like. Thx room #209. The staff was very helpful!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank aftadark
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Well judge!! Our some guests judge same like you about outside view but you can’t judge movie by their title or book by cover , thank you for your kind remark about your recently stay and pointed all amenities in your feedback, also you mention about door lock it’s made by Japan with latest technology who provide safety, security and confidence to our guest for their entire stay and our wall soaps dispenser is part of the “ECO-SMART” (Go-Green) project. “your health is our first priority” , thank you again for being our guest hope its forever.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this hotel for Spring Training. We were coming from Vegas and The Grand Canyon visits. I was delighted to find out they had an on site washer and dryer. You can buy soap at the desk and they had quarters to change for our dollars. Very convenient.
The room was very comfortable and the front desk accommodating. When my GPS wouldn't locate one of the fields, the front desk printed out directions for us, she also gave me extra towels and supplies I asked for. There's a large fridge and microwave in the room. Great flat screen TV also.
There are places close enough to walk to, we chose to drive. Additionally, it's very close to the freeway. Great location, great establishment. We would stay here again.

3  Thank Pameo65

Appreciate for your kind comment, we proudly provide accommodation to sports lovers like you at time of spring training, thank you for mention our hide amenities (washer, dryer) to future guests, because lots of travelers says on site laundry is “big time sever for us” also our staff is always ready to do their best for our guests, we are so happy to hear that you would like to stay with us again, hope it’s come soon we proud to serve you again as a returning guest.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Room was very nice, recently redone. Staff was very friendly and accomadating. We chose this place because it was convient to a downtown festival we attended. Didn't look like much from the outside but was pleasently surprised at the rooms decor.

1  Thank John R

Thank you for your comment about our location, we are proudly offer newly renovated room to our valuable guest with friendly customer service, mostly downtown visitors choose our property because of the quality, reasonable price and location. Hope you enjoy your stay with us, see you soon at time of next downtown festival.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I felt well taken care of, and the rooms were a great deal, and clean. We took in expensive cabs to and from our conference. I didn't feel like I missed anything, and I saved a bundle to use elsewhere in the business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tmw721
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Your few good words say lots for our future guest, thank you for your short comment about your stay, our mostly guest comment about well taken care and great value that’s make our goal succeed, “We care value of your dollar” we are very proud to have guests like you who give us comment like this,Hope we will be your host again when you are in phoenix area.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked the hotel sight-unseen because I needed a place near downtown & was pleasantly surprised. It has been recently remodeled & the rooms are really nice, clean (priority #1) & comfortable w/all the amenities: fridge, microwave & a nice flat screen TV. The staff are very friendly & I would stay there again in a heartbeat. My only complaint was the loud, albeit refreshing, air conditioner which did wake me up being a light sleeper.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are so happy to hear good word from you and so proud of our location, facilities and friendly staff that make your stay enjoyable, we take serious action about your air-condition complaint because we got same complaint by another guest too, and we are sure that our maintenance team fix it soon for our future guest, our promises to make your next stay more enjoyable. Our staff is waiting to welcoming you again.

Manger