“Great Place to Stay”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is a very affordable motel located in the heart of downtown Phoenix. We arrived early in the day because we planned to attend a Diamondbacks baseball game and we wanted to walk to the game. The manager allowed us to check into the first available room and was extremely friendly and helpful. My wife has back problems and we requested an extra pillow and they brought us two extra. The room was very clean and well maintained. The sign outside says they were recently remodeled, and the room looked it. The room had a large, good quality HD TV, a refrigerator, microwage and an air-conditioner that worked well and wasn't noisy. I highly recommend this motel and I will definitely plan to stay there my next trip to Phoenix.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Steven M

Reviewed September 24, 2011

First of all, it's very affordable compared to other options in downtown. I paid $50 per day in a king bedroom. It has been remodeled. So it looks like brand new! They offer a comfortable bedroom with ironing, microwave, fridge, cable TV, wi-fi internet and nice bathroom. The staff was really friendly, especially the manager, mr. Sam. He has done everything he could to help us. In my case, I needed to change clothes after the checkout and he allowed me to use a room to do it and also use the bathroom, with no charges! So, the conclusion is that the staff really wanted us to feel like home! I recommend to everyone. Next time I will go to Phoenix, the ABVI Downtown Phoenix will definitely be my choice!

2  Thank igoramariz
Reviewed September 22, 2011

It has very friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and convenient. It has free shuttle to airport. There was a problem to reserve the shuttle to the airport. The manager himself drop me off at airport.

3  Thank Arash R
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Frustration turned to satisfaction! There are many things that i found very satisfactory about our stay! The staff was exceptionally accommodating. The first thing we noticed was the pleasant and efficient front desk staff -including Sam. I Went to Phoenix for a business trip in the middle of the summer. The temperature was triple digits and scorching hot! Check-in was fast and easy and it was relaxing to walk into a cool, air-conditioned room. I got complementary cold water bottle from front desk staff.That is so nice.I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Phoenix!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank M r
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I would definitely recommend staying here if you need to be in downtown Phoenix and can't afford some of the pricier options. I stayed here during my first (and only) trip to Phoenix, and was very pleased with this hotel. It's obviously an economy hotel, but the rooms are very comfortable and clean, and have plenty of space. What's striking about ABVI, though, is that although it's extremely affordable you don't give up anything on the service front -- the service is excellent (the staff here is among the most helpful and friendly I've come across). Also, they offer complementary shuttle to/from the airport if you make a reservation in advance, which will save you a $20 cab ride. The free continental breakfast is coffee, granola bars/pastries, and fresh fruit.

2  Thank Katherine D
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A friend and I went to Phoenix for a two night stay to attend a game and a concert, both venues were located downtown phx. The majority of hotels downtown were above $100/ night a price my friend or I just could not afford at the moment. Then I came across Americas Best Value Inn, I could not believe the price and it was so close to the venues we were attending. I was a liitle skeptical about staying in the hotel, was not sure what to expect.
The day of our arrival we were greeted with such great customer service, I thought that was a great start. Then we went to our room, still not knowing what to expect. I was supprised to find the room was clean, it was spacious, had everything it promised microwave, fridge, flat-screen, ac,and internet service.
My only complaints were that there was no curtain or cover for the bathroom window, our window faced the sun in the evening which made the bathroom very hot in early evening hrs. And the front door had to be pushed hard to be closed properly, which i'm sure would bug the neighbors with the loud slam. Other than that i was pleased with our stay for the price we paid. If you are ever on a tight budget, I would give America's Best Value Inn a try.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank oda01
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I, together with 2 friends stayed at this hotel last week. It is a very nice place and service was excellent. The staff is pleasant and always ready to help. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms had good lighting (always a plus for me!). The beds were very comfortable and the linens and towels fresh (that's something I always check). Ice cold A/C felt great after being in 100 degrees outside. :) The property has security cameras, so we felt secure about parking our vehicle outside. A short walk to some great restaurants in downtown was awesome. I would stay at this place again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends