“Incredible food! Atmosphere is good, but not great.”

Matt's Big Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 3,161 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Totally worth the wait, just for the food alone. My husband and I would've waited longer. Service was good. The style and décor of the restaurant is very cute.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the first time to visit Matt's new location. The morning special changed as we were leaving, wish it had been the offering when we had arrived. The three of us all ordered the waffle and bacon all liked the choice. The coffee is very good and is a bottomless cup. Service fast and friendly. We walked in and sat down, no waithig at around 9 am.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for breakfast on a Friday morning while in Tempe. Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table a little before 9 so I can only imagine what it's like on the weekend. My wife got the hog and chick and I got the griddle cakes. Both very excellent. I would definitely recommend a stop in for breakfast while in the area. It does get really loud in there when it's busy as noted in some of the other reviews.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Pros: they only use real butter and olive oil to cook their food. All ingredients are organic, fresh, and hand made. Friendly and attentive staff.
Con: the food lacks flavor and pizzazz in taste. I ordered the diced potatoes and it was soaked in olive oil. Needs salt to taste.
The place is quite small so plan ahead or make a reservation to avoid long wait.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to Matt's on a weekday morning and did not have to wait for a table. The atmosphere is very nice and the restaurant is clean. Service is friendly and efficient. I tried the Belgian waffle which was very good. The eggs were also very good. However, the hash browns were a little "buttery." The ham, despite being a big slice, was salty. It was a nice breakfast, but nothing special.