“I would drive over 45 minutes to eat here . . . again.”

Matt's Big Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed December 4, 2012

When I am in the mood for an omelet, hash browns and sourdough, this is my new go-to place! I don't care that I live 45 minutes away, and frankly, I don't care about the wait either! MBB is worth every penny! So the place is really a hole in the wall, and it is noisy at full capacity. I haven't gotten out of a sit-down breakfast joint with even mediocre omelets and terrible coffee for less than $25.00 for two, but at MBB, we hit the jackpot! Here, I got a fluffy omelet with mushrooms (not from a can) and a mound of cheddar cheese, cooked perfectly (and I didn't even have to ask for it on the soft side), along with a heaping portion of the best tasting hash browns (fully cooked and not part raw)! And the sourdough toast . . . at least an inch thick, already buttered -- yes, buttered -- with homemade strawberry jam on the side. And, did I mention how great the coffee is, and within about four sips, they are there to give you a refill without having to wave them down?

Everyone was so nice, from the nice young man who seated us, to the two (or three) waitresses that alternately handled our table (one took our order, two refilled our coffee, another took our bill). Service was top-notch! I can't think of any restaurant in our area of North Scottsdale that is even close to being this good! Especially for the price!

When our waitress asked if she could get us anything else, I said, "another Matt's Big Breakfast . . . in North Scottsdale!" I've already started coming up with a list of things we have to do in Phoenix so that we can go back to Matt's again!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

She makes my visit an enjoyable one. Good conversation and very good service by her and the other that work there.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The new location is bigger, has dedicated restrooms....Yes....and is just as noisy as the original. But, we don't come here to talk. We come for a consistently good meal with very friendly service. The Hog and Chick is always good, but they sold out early on the ham; the usually thick bacon seemed a little thinner this time but tasty. Homemade breads and country potatoes are awesome, with organic eggs. We arrived mid morning Thursday and there was a wait. PHX Market Saturdays are usually packed, so arrive early.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I liked the breakfast sandwich a little greasy but it is very good, we did not want to wait and we decided to order to pick up, it was ok since our office is 2 blocks away. you have to go at least once

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We knew this place was small but come on now. Expensive and the food isn't that good. Pancakes weren't hot, coffee was no starbucks. No bathrooms so you have to go the the run down fleabag motel next door to use theirs. Yikes I swear someone had to have been doing drugs because it was dirty. A lot of transients live there

1  Thank Maga48