“Mixed feeling!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Started good. We ordered our Tapas and drinks, which were tasty. After that we were kinda forgot about. It took almost an hour to get a second drink and order our main course.

2  Thank Escondido2010

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This restaurant probably deserves to be rated better than "average" but it does not justify "very good" so I had to score a bit lower. In my opinion it is worth a "good" but not higher.

The restaurant space is a bit small and the location is not at all central so I would say this is a good option if you are in the area. Personally, I don't think it's worth more than a 10 minute drive unless there's just no better Japanese alternative in your area.

The sushi I had was fine: decently fresh, good texture and taste. But not something to get ecstatic about.

I tasted various of the grilled dishes, which was what had most interested me about the menu. I enjoyed everything I tasted and would certainly go back if I am staying in the area.

Strangely, the only large portion was of the grilled jidori chicken, which was perhaps the least interesting tasting of the all the dishes I tried. Most portions are Japanese size and this seemed to be an exception.

Beware that the prices can mount quite quickly. $30 per person for food, not including drinks, is a rough guide. It might average lower if you have more people sharing the food.

3  Thank GRW720
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great atmosphere. Great service. Great food. A little speedy but worth it.

1  Thank Nelperinj
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Really like this place, it was our first visit but we will go back they have superb sushi

2  Thank kiwiaz
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Some web sites have criticized this restaurant as having abysmally slow service at times, but if you hit it right , it is as good or better than any sushi place in the Phoenix area. We were fortunate to have Yasu as sushi chef on our last visit - a very friendly guy with a great enthusiasm for his food and an eagerness to share it with any patron who has even a half open mind. High lights of our visit included ocean trout carpaccio, coromandel oysters with uni, and fresh albacore sushi (only available 2 months a year). Lots of other things we would have liked to try but were too full. Like any establishment with top quality fresh fish, it is expensive, but not out of line with the competition. Phoenix has a surprising number of good sushi restaurants for a desert city - Shinbay, Hana, Roka Akor - but this is our favorite.

4  Thank ApacheTrout