“Wow this place is a hidden treasure!”
Review of Fuego Bistro

Fuego Bistro
Ranked #6 of 3,165 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Southwestern, Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We found Fuego Bistro here on Trip Advisor. We were glad we checked it out. We had dinner the other night. My husband and I were SO impressed. We enjoyed how charming the place is. It's a cute and cozy little restaurant full of flavor and fun! The drink menu was really fun, full of all different kinds of mixed drinks, beers and a ton of wine. We tried the empanadas for an appetizer. Wow, they were so flaky and full of flavor. They left me wanting more, but I needed to save room for the main dish! The menu is full of wonderful entrees...seafood, pork, chicken and steak. They also had some great specials, salads too. I had the chicken dish with goat cheese, it was awesome. My husband had the spare ribs, they were amazing! The sides you get with the entree are wonderful. I loved the jalapeno cream corn, amazing! We couldn't even try the desserts because we were so full. I really enjoyed this place and would go again. It's worth finding.

1  Thank GailA1972

Reviewed June 3, 2010

Our family of four went for lunch as the prices were more economical than on the dinner menu. As many have noted, it does take some determination to find exactly where the place is (it's between and behind two buildings). The area around it is not very attractive and, as we parked in the large lot across the street, we had our doubts about the place. But, once we found our way into the patio area, we were relieved to find it was more appealing . There was a small fountain and water misters kept the outdoor area cool. What made the place stand out for us (I would not go so far as to say that the ambience did it for us) was the fabulous food -- obviously prepared and presented by a very talented chef. Also, the service was very attentive and outstanding. Our meals were so filling that we had no room for dessert. We consider this to be our best meal on our trip to Phoenix and made for a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

My husband and I visited here Saturday, March 13. It was slightly difficult to find. If you GPS it, jus look for "Apollo's" Nightclub and a ballet shop. This is a restaurant that is well worth the search. We were greeted warmly when we walked into the courtyard under the spell of the guitar player doing a fine cover of a Jim Croche favorite. Service was quick and polite. My husband ordered a mojito and I ordered a Captain Jack Sparrow to drink. Great start! We ordered appetizers to share -he the empanadas and I the crab cakes. Bot were SPECTACULAR. The crab cakes were beautiful in presentation, warm and spicey, with great texture -lots of crab. My husband loved his empanadas...spicey but not too much so with a wonderful sauce.
Entrees: My husband ordered the chicken and loved it. I ordered the Tilapia and asked the chef to please err on the side of "well done" in cooking my fish. He exceeded every expectation. This was, quite possibly, one of the most beautifully presented dishes I've had. And when I bit into the first bite of tilapia, every single item that was on this dish (Black beans, onion, red pepper) was fresh and so well represented. What should have been hot was hot. What should have been cold, crisp....well, was cold and crisp.
We enjoyed our dinner, didn't have room for a desert. However, when I return to Phoenix I will go out of my way to eat here. And my husband got major points for researching and finding this spot to take me to dinner. We have Frank Stitt and Chris Hastings here in Birmingham, AL. Phoenix should be proud of their chef at Fuego Bistro. Impressive.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Ate at Fuego Bistro with a group of my girlfriends. Everyone agreed that the food was outstanding. The ambiance and service was excellent. Definitely, the best meal we had while in AZ. Since there were 7 of us I had the opportunity to try most of the sides and appetizers. The creamed corn is definitely a must. Did not know I could enjoy creamed corn that much. Really, I don't think there is anything that would disappoint on the menu. The waiter was so friendly and accomodating to our groups' requests. When some guests had questions about the sweetness of the sangria or the spicyness of a sauce he offered to bring small tastes without being asked. We all left wishing we could have eaten more!!

Reviewed May 18, 2009

Good food, great atmosphere. No complaints (and i usually complain)