“Wowza!!!”

Fuego Bistro
Ranked #4 of 3,061 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Always on Vacation
“Wowza!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Not often do I give anything 5 stars. This is the second time in 6 months I have been here and loved it both times. The service is excellent and the apps and mains are great. The bread pudding was dry the second time and I found it odd that they didn't serve coffee in the summer, but it was still a fantastic experience.

I'm extremely picky, and would recommend this place for apps during happy hour or dinner to anyone. They have great specials for regulars and groupon fanatics on a regular basis!!!

new jersey
“"A Hidden Gem That You Must Find"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I loved this restaurant. After reading other reviews of Fuego Bistro it went on my list of restaurants to try in Phoenix. We found out that the week we would be in Phoenix would be "Restaurant Week" What a fabulous deal, three courses for $30. The service was great, the food was great and we loved everything about this place. It was off the beaten path and it does not look like much from outside. We drove past it once and came around and saw the sign for the entrance. You walk into a cozy courtyard and beyond that is the small inside restaurant. Since it was warm out we sat inside. The ambiance both inside and out is very nice. The food was just wonderful from beginning to end. The Short Ribs just melted in your mouth. Go hungry because the portions are large. Everything was fresh and our waiter knew everything there was about the menu. OK enough said. Just GO GO GO!

Phoenix
“Delicious food, cozy courtyard patio, & excellant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We love this place! It's a Latin oriented menu with food which is always fresh and delicious with just the right balance of spices. Fuego has a super Happy Hour menu that even includes desserts. The dinner menu has varied selections of fish, pork, and beef. The house speciality
is the not to be missed Seafood Chili Rellano and their Pernil Pork is really moist and tasty.

The courtyard setting is very cozy and the service is excellent. You are immediately welcomed and made to feel comfortable. The location of the restaurant is a little tricky to find but so worth the effort. Once you've tried it, you'll be a regular like us.

1 Thank AZTraveler65
chicago
“Great al fresco southwestern experience, locals know best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

One of our local friends took us here. It is off the beaten path and doesnt look like much from the outside, but the food is fantastic. The seafood chili rellano was great and I have never seen it on a menu before. The Cuban beef special cooks for eight hours and had a wonderful spicy and fragrant taste. The jalapeño cornbread was very moist with full chunks of corn and jalapeños. The creamed corn with jalapeños was also unusual and very taste. Don't come for the ambience come for the food

1 Thank CaribmanChicago
phoenix
“Great Little Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We go here all the time and I forget to review our local places. This little restaurant is just south of Bethany Home off 7th street one block, turn in on Palo Verde Drive. It's between the dance school and ballet supply store in a little courtyard. You can park in Crown Imports parking lot across the street. You can eat outside when the weather is nice, like tonight, or inside one of the two dining rooms. I haven't had less than a great meal here yet. The service is excellent. They keep my water glass full and that's not always the case in other restaurants. I love the tomatillo chicken and for my sides I always get the green beans and small salad. The short rib dinner is my husbands favorite. They usually run a coupon on Living Social or Restaurants.com. That's a great way to try them out. You won't be sorry.

1 Thank jjmphoenix