“Nice”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon. The room was very nice, although it had double beds. The pool was nice, especially with the +40C weather. Great continental breakfast. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 19, 2009

I've stayed here before in 2005 and the rooms were more more comfortable. This time I walked in the hotel and I was very shocked at the horible colors they used to renovate this hotel with it is truly unberable. My room was not very comfortable and the tv was to big for the room. The rooms were clean both time but they ruined this hotel bad. The people that worked there were alright but when I was there before all the people were nice. I just did'nt like the new decor it's to alaborate . The rooms Aren't as bad. I wish they would change it back

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place North in Phoenix, AZ after flying into Sky Harbor. US Airways lost my husbands luggage on the way in, so we were thankful that the hotel had lots of free toiletries for him. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Our stay was short but very peaceful and relaxing. The hotel was quiet and clean. Breakfast was good. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I spent one night at this Hyatt Place on business. The hotel is typical of the Hyatt Place brand. It feels like a recent renovation and is nicely decorated, with a large open area lobby and plenty of parking. The room I was given was large with the usual weird arrangement of furniture that makes it impossible to watch television if you are using the kitchenette area or the work desk. The living area and bedroom were bright and nicely decorated, clean, and comfortable. Like most Hyatt Place's, the bathroom was a step below the rest of the room: small, practical, with a really loud fan (you turn on the light and you get a lot of fan noise, too). Water pressure was awful, and the water never really got hot. I do love Hyatt's soap though.

The worst thing about the room was the linen on the bed, which was very course and scratchy. I am rarely bothered by this but the sheets were so uncomfortable that I had trouble sleeping. The second worst thing was the internet, which was barely usable. It connected fine, but had so little bandwidth that I gave up trying to work with it.

The breakfast was nice. I went as soon as it opened so everything was fresh and plentiful, except for seating. There were only five people at breakfast but the layout of the tables and chairs in the hotel lobby actually made it awkward; it's designed for groups to dine together, not for business travelers.

The exercise room has three pieces of cardio equipment. The business center worked fine for me to print some things.

I stayed here because the rate was good, and I feel I got what I paid for. It's totally adequate for business stays, but it's not a great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank fenwayman
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I recently stayed two nights here with my sister. I loved the media set up in the room and the 42 inch TV was great. I really loved the vibe and the people who worked there were upbeat and friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast and liked the fact that we could get a late night snack too. I would recommend it to all types of travelers,

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank btworld
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We recently took a trip to see a Dodgers spring training game at their new facility in Glendale, Arizona. We had not been to the Phoenix area in quite a few years so really did not have a clue to what hotel we were going to stay at. After reviewing a few hotels we decided to stay at the Hyatt Place Phoenix North. The rate seemed good, the photos and reviews of the property made it looked acceptable. When we arrived we had the choice of a self check in kiosk or the one person who was checking people in, we chose the kiosk, simple and easy.

We needed to head to the grocery store and a gas station so we asked the young gal at the front desk (I have indicated she was young because she did not know where anything was located.) We were sent by this gal in opposite directions one was in a very bad part of town the other in halfway decent part of town.

In the morning when it was time to take a shower there was hardly any water pressure and it took 5 minutes to get warm water (What a waste of water, when there are signs everywhere to please conserve.) We then went down to the “Continental Breakfast” When we arrived it was 9:20 AM the workers were literally forcing the coffee pumps out of our hands! They could not get cleaned up fast enough plus were extremely rude. We then decided to take off and grab a bite somewhere else. We exited our room at 9:45 AM. Put the privacy sign back inside and went on our merry way. When we came back at 5:00 PM we noticed when we got off the elevator there was a table full of dirty dishes that had not been cleaned up from the morning (I assume these were plates from other rooms left there.) We then found that the maid decided not to clean our room. I called the front desk; she was extremely nice and said I will have housekeeping give me a call. Well housekeeping called I told them to just bring us towels. A woman brought the towels and told me the maid left at 3:00PM so no one was there to clean the room!

The hotel also did not seem very secure the doors to the outside were not locked and there wasn’t any security that we could see.

Overall I would not recommend staying at this hotel to anyone for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jintyfrub
Reviewed March 8, 2009

my friend and i stayed here this past weekend, our conference location was sold out so we found this place which was within walking distance. the concept of this hotel is nice and the rooms were decent. the beds were hard but not terrible, the pillows were awful. this hotel is for the business traveler- it is not a luxury hotel. on our second morning- there was no hot water!! when i called the host to tell her, she did not apologize not offer a compensation of any type- she instead questioned me repeatedly and finally said that she would tell her manager. that was it! the staff was friendly enough but they have to wear really ugly uniforms. the lobby is pretty. the included conitnental breakfast looked okay- no protein available. the ordered food is very below average.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business