“Disappointed”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed here and other Hyatt Place Hotels. This time I was disappointed. The room AC could not handle the AZ summer heat. The phone line to order food rang busy....the desk attendant told me that probably my phone wasn't charged. Hmm that didn't make sense. So I went downstairs, ordered food at 5:30pm. And was told they would call me when it was ready. After 30 minutes I called the front desk and was told they had not started to prepare it......that she was the only one on duty. Really? It's dinner time, this is a business hotel, I'm tired from traveling and now I can't get food? I may switch hotels tomorrow.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MbGrover

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Mediocre at best. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, but the air conditioner in the room was so loud it made it hard to sleep. They overcharged me by $10 for my room, and charged an outrageous ($75) pet fee. Good in a pinch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jody D
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed 4 nights in July while in Phoenix to visit family. I loved the friendly staff, convenient location, delicious breakfast that had plenty of variety, cleanliness, will definitely stay again when in town.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Nicholas R, Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate you letting others know how your stay went and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Cade A
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were visiting Phoenix and the surrounding are for a couple of days, and I chose this hotel, since we'd be coming from the north to get here. The hotel is located in a business district, which was pretty much 'dead', due to the July 4th holiday weekend. Check-in was fast, since there didn't seem to be that many other guests during our stay. The room was clean. I loved the fact that they have bar service for cocktails, until midnight, and if you want a hot sandwich or burger, you can get that 24 hours a day. The room was very clean, from what I could see with my own eyes. Maybe in the near future they can renovate, but the room was still very modern looking. I have family moving to Scottsdale soon, so I'd probably stay with them or choose a hotel in Scottsdale.... but overall, the stay here was very good.

The swimming pool is small; I didn't get into it, but my boyfriend did for a few minutes.

The staff at the front desk (didn't seem to be many folks working, due to being a small number of guests there) were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast served was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. It may not matter to some, but when you see empty trash cans around the outside of the property and filled doggie waste bag dispensers, you know they're paying attention. The breakfast in the morning was well stocked, even as late at 5 minutes before the ending time they were still stocking bagels and donuts. Lots of seating in the lobby for meetings, socializing, or just getting out of the room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, going above and beyond during our stay to make us comfortable. The cafe had a large menu and decent prices - and all the items we had were great. All in all, while it is more of a business park / business hotel, it was a nice stay. Convenient parking and access to the interstate made it better. Also, for families there is a nice theme park / mini golf course across the street from the hotel.

The one negative was the pool didn't have clean towels stocked, and it wasn't well maintained. Lots of dirty towels and trash around when we were using it. Several families peeked left didn't because there were no towels and it was a bit messy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Nicholas R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and for you kind comments regarding our property. We hope that you will be our guest again in the near future.

Cade A.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have stayed here for 4-5 times now and have always enjoyed the stay here. The location and amenities are good but the service tops it all. I would specially like to call out the front desk professional Michelle who was extremely courteous, caring and very friendly. I can for sure say that her attitude and service mentality has made it very difficult for me to stay elsewhere. Their breakfast options are decent. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is quite small and they can improve on the toiletries. The internet speed is good. Overall the experience was excellent and good value for the money.

Room Tip: Choose the side that is not adjacent to the highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank psponsi
Nicholas R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for addressing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your past stays with us. We hope that you will be our guest again in the near future. Again thank you for your review of our property. If there is anything that I can personally assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cade A.
602-997-8800

Reviewed July 1, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com