“Hyatt Place is great!”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed there in May 2013 for a week. Breakfast was very good with ample selections to include:oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, donuts, bagels, pastries, fruits, toast, juices and more. they have a starbucks bistro for a fee. rooms are very cozy, and quiet. I stayed on the 4th floor. they have a gym and a pool. staff was very friendly with complimentary USATODAY and WSJ and local sunday paper.

Room Tip: choose the 4th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Cade A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and AM Skillet Breakfast.

We hope that you will continue to stay with us for future trips to Phoenix and with the Hyatt Place brand across the country.

Kind Regards,
CADE A.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've found that Hyatt Places are more like other Hyatt Places than any other hotel brand is to itself. Grand Hyatts, to pick one brand, differ wildly in style, decor, and service from hotel to hotel. Hyatt Place hotels are eerily similar. Everything looks the same. Everything feels the same. Depending on how you feel about your hotel choices, that can be a positive for reliability and proper expectations, but it can also be a negative for lacking upside and value.

I happen to like Hyatt Place rooms, so this was fine by me. There's plenty of outlets in the right places, the TV is huge, there's more space available than rooms at a similar price in a Four Points or a low-level Hilton suite property, and the bed is big and comfortable. These hotels are usually understaffed - I've never seen two employees downstairs at checkin at the same time - but the service here was polite and thoughtful. The only downside was that the bathroom, which normally isn't anything to write home about in a Hyatt Place, was showing signs of age.

This hotel isn't really in the swing of Phoenix things; it's surrounded by almost literally every chain restaurant you can imagine. That might make my parents very happy, but you should know in advance. I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't plan on renting a car. If you have a car, though, this has easy access to freeways and you can drive to the chain restaurant of your choice. Rates at this hotel are in the $75 range, so you can save a bit of money here, too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank latrell1
Reviewed May 27, 2013

i did enjoy my stay here. However, I feel like for the money spent I should have stayed in resort spend a little more but worth the stay. There was would more enjoyable time near a pool. The pool here was crowded. There was a little league all girls softball team staying for the weekend and it was crowded.
The rest rooms were very small but room was ample with living room couch and dry bar.
Like I said it was enjoyable but not something I'd do again. Not impressed at all.

Room Tip: Now I wish I had taken photos of their bathroom. Just not very nice looking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of the Hyatt's reputation. We stayed 4/24/2013 thru 4/27/13. We were scheduled for a balloon ride on Saturday morning. The room was nice but trying to locate an ice machine was like a seek and destroy mission. We finally went down stairs and were given a bowl of very cloudy ice. We wanted to rent a movie but $16? Really? We attempted to watch television but the reception was so poor. The sound disappeared with regularlarity and the picture would fade to black & white. The biggest disappointment was finding out that there was no room service. We could order food but we had to go to the lobby and get it. We thought we were going to have a pampered stay but no such luck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

They try hard at this hotel to please, I have no bad things to say. Good for traveling or as home base for baseball games. Much better than average breakfast was included. Clean rooms with mini fridge. Free Wifi (I was able to watch netflix on my tablet) and free parking. Rooms have the nice Hyatt bedding and mattresses. Business location, you will need your car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicholas R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We really hope that you will come and be our guest again in the future.

Cade A.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the weekend of 4/27-4/28. I am currently a manager of a local nightclub near the hotel but live about an hour away. I had just concluded my 3 double shift in a row and at this point had been awake and working for almost 24 hours. After a long night of working the thought of the drive home almost brought me to tears and I decided to stay at a hotel. Originally I was supposed to stay at a different hotel that I had stayed in numerous times before. I asked to check in at 4:30/5 a.m. instead of the typical afternoon check in. I had done this many times at the other hotel however for whatever reason the other hotel stated I could not do that this weekend as it was an "inconvenience" to housekeeping to have to prepare a room that early for me. Needless to say I did not stay there but instead drove up the street to the Hyatt Place. The front desk lady was absolutely welcoming and got me into a room immediately. She was comforting and understanding to my needs and made me feel "mothered" for lack of a better word. She checked me in quickly, gave me my room key and told me about breakfast in the morning. Every staff member we came in contact with was polite, the room was clean and welcoming and when we checked out the front desk lady was just as "mothering" as when we check in. It looks like we have a new home away from home. Thank you to all of the staff, it could not have been more appreciated!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on 4-13-13 to 4-14-13 and during that time I had my two small children with me and a friend. The hotel over all was very clean, however when we got into the room and started looking around, the closet contained lubricant and condoms that were left behind from a previous person. That was the first thing that really surprised us, for this was not something that myself and significant other would have preferred the children not see. The children were excited to go swimming and before even coming to the hotel I had bought them each swimming goggles, one was in the shape of a dolphin face and the other a alligator face. After we had went swimming we had put the goggles in the sink to prevent water or any leakage from getting onto the carpet. We then decided to watch a movie, which we had to buy at an outrageous price of 16 dollars. Pay per view does not even charge that for new releases. When we left, the next morning the goggles were forgotten in the sink. Calls were made immediately to the hotel and we were told they were not found....we were not offered a reimbersment, basically we got the cold shoulder. Between the two goggles it cost me thirty dollars, my childrens hearts were broken. I will not be coming back to this hotel even if it is nice and clean due to their lack of sympathy and lack to try to make the situation right. If the hotel reads this and would like to make it right my e mail is kashnkiki81@yahoo.com, but being as I got the cold shoulder when we called the first time, I highly doubt making an effort to keep their customers is on the top of their priority list.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family