“good location for our needs”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 20, 2012

the hotel was very clean, the room spacious. it is located in a business park next to I 17. it is very close to papadeauxs, one of our favorite restaurants. they have a 24 hour snack menu and i thought, a really good casual breakfast with a hot open faced sandwich plus all the cereals , waffles , juices , etc plus starbucks coffee. the staff was superb, and especially nice when i broke a bottle of wine in the middle of their lobby. sorry!!!

Room Tip: our room overlooked a landscaped business park and thankfully, not the freeway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tequila777

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The nicest hotel we stayed in during a month in the USA.
Our spacious room was a suite rather than a bedroom. Very well furnished, bright & comfortable. In the heat of Phoenix we didn't want to leave it!
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant. Guests eat in the lobby which can get a bit crowded but you can always take thing back to your room as we did at one point. There is a small room off the lobby where breakfast, which is included in the room price, is available to assemble. The simple food was fresh & appetising.
A limited range of food is available from a counter next to the Reception desk. There are also sandwiches & cakes. My only slight complaint is that the Reception staff take the orders for food so there is a conflict in their roles at busy times.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinstonSophie
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great motel, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We really appreciated the use of the shuttle that would take you to any restaurant within five miles. The breakfast was fine and there is also light food offered throughout the day which was very convenient if you didn't feel like going out. The setting was generally very quiet and there was a biking/walking trail that went along a wash that made it the perfect way to start the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in October 2012, having booked a room on Hotwire.
Everything about this hotel was top notch! Clean, comfortable, quiet. I did not try the free breakfast due to sleeping in the very nice bed.
I dealt with the front desk staff a couple times during my stay, and they were helpful and friendly each time.
I will stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Loved this hotel...great size rooms...great breakfast...modern and would definitely stay there again. I can't sing it's praises enough. I am sure all the Hyatt Place hotels will be of this standard and would look out for this chain when travelling in the USA again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

When I checked in the clerk discoved my reservation was for another weekend. I kind freaked out and thought "what am I going to do". The clerk laughed, and said "No problem, I have done the same thing before". He fixed everything right then and there and no upcharge for my mistake. When I made the reservation I was looking for something safe and quiet in Phoenix. I got that plus!!! The staff is amazing. They are always cheerful, helpful and willing to help. The hotel has everything you need; cook to order breakfast, coffee shop (starbucks coffee) 24 hour room service, and list goes on. If you are staying in the Phoenix area, choose this hotel. Plain and simple, this is the place you want to be. The rooms are large, with a sitting area with a big comfotable couch, king bed that is wonderful. Do yourself a favor, stop looking and stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the West side if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is the second Hyatt Place I've stayed in, and I'm in love with this hotel brand. The rooms are big, comfortable, feel like an apartment. Bedding is just right in firmness, bathroom is updated and feels luxurious. Someone put a lot of thought into how this room should be laid out and hit it spot on. The only complaint I have is the closet and place where one would probably put a suitcase are awkward to access. I ended up lying my suitcase on the vanity portion of the bathroom counter.

Breakfast was great, desk staff were excellent - my phone quit working and my cellular provider was sending one the next day. Desk staff had it for me when I got back from business meeting and were very helpful. Ate dinner in from their "24/7 kitchen" and had a good burger and cup of chili. Mini fridge is decent size, sofa and ottoman are comfortable, and room temperature is easy to control.

I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area as it's right off the interstate but quiet. There were several youth teams (softball and volleyball) in the hotel but I never heard them. Breakfast area has adequate, comfortable seating, and with the addition of the breakfast sandwiches to the standard continental fare it is a great meal for anyone.

Guess I can't say enough good things about this hotel but it's really impressive, comfortable, competitively priced, and convenient. I wish there were more available in more areas.

Room Tip: Room 421 and 423 are RIGHT across from the elevator. I imagine this is the case on the second and t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business