“Good choice if your in the phoenix area”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #121 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
El Paso, Texas
“Good choice if your in the phoenix area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice clean property, clean rooms, very friendly accommodating staff.

We stayed one night at this hotel, while traveling through Phoenix to catch a MLB spring training game. The hotel is in an industrial area, which was fine as we were only staying one night. It is conveniently located right off of I-10, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable, with quality linens. The rate was good, considering that many hotels raise their rates during MLB spring training. I would recommend this hotel and will consider staying here again next time I'm in the area.

1 Thank elpruss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in Phoenix to meet our new grandson. My husband also went hiking in the Superstitions for 5 days while I stayed behind with family. The hotel is in a very industrial area and at first felt unsafe for me alone. I had NO trouble at all during the week. We stayed here because of the rate and the easy access to airport, downtown, and Camelback Road where family lived. Rooms are all newly appointed and very comfortable. Highway noise was not as bad as I had expected. Especially appreciated the microwave, frig, and coffeepot. Beds were VERY comfortable and the collection of pillows was tops! Bathroom is average.
Breakfast is as all have said...same as anyplace else. I wish hotels in general would offer a juice besides orange or apple for those of us who cannot have either! They are in the same allergy family!
The pool area was nice although the loud highway noise was a big distraction. You could sit by the pool and see all of the jammed up traffic every day. Exhaust fumes were bad and the black dust created by the highway made my feet BLACK just walking around the pool area. I could tell they try to keep the place clean though. A guy was power washing the parking lot for about 3 days! Unfortunately, he continued to do so as we all sat by the pool just feet from where he was working! Drove us indoors as a result of the spray and the noise.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was there during a very busy baseball spring training and NASCAR week. I think they were short on cleaning staff, but our gal was really efficient and accomodating. I was a bit put out when the manager asked if I was OK without having service one day because someone called in sick. I managed fine, but it's bad business to ask your paying guests to go without-especially when our family had brought in 14 total sleeping nights of business to his hotel! Yet, when my daughter had a huge ugly plumbing problem in her home and had to go to a hotel with her new baby and toddler, the manager was most helpful in offering a very low rate for a room just down the hall from me. I will definitely consider staying here again in the future if the place continues to keep up it's present standards...or better.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be about the same, but do not ask for a pool view room as they face the loudest...
1 Thank Helen S
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We only stayed here for one night. Beds were comfy and staff was very friendly. There are no stores or restaurants within walking distance but not a far drive to downtown. Breakfast was your typical free breakfast with eggs, cereal, fruit and mini pastries. I would stay here again.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed one night on a cross-country trip. Due to a lot of activity in Phoenix (NASCAR, BMX events, soccer tournament) vacancies at pet-friendly hotels were impossible to find. This wasn't my first choice but was convenient to where I was heading the next day.

It was chaos at the hotel -- multiple families with tons of kids were checking in, and there was one poor desk clerk who was seriously overworked. Somehow she kept a smile on her face -- remarkable. Seems like when a hotel knows there are a lot of events in town and they're booked up, they might put a 2nd clerk at the desk.

The room was very big, which was a big help to us with lots of luggage and a pet. Though there were a lot of kids milling around (soccer and BMX) the room was surprisingly quiet. Never heard a thing.

A number of restaurants are within short driving distance (2 miles), which was convenient, and there is a gas station right across the street.

Forest Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was in Phoenix for a couple days for spring training games. I enjoyed my stay here, the room was clean with all new furnishings. I didn't have a car and the location was good for catching a bus to anywhere in the city. The breakfast was outstanding - eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee, yogurt. The pool area was extremely clean and the hot tub was very welcome in the cool evenings. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again, hopefully next year for more baseball!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This newly renovated hotel made our stay so comfortable and nice before we headed to a game at Arizona Cardinals. All the furnishings seem to have been recently replaced and the staff was always nice and helpful. Although, we may not stay here again just because we always looking for places we haven't stayed at, I encourage everyone to try this by-highway hotel out. Excellent for the value too.
We will stay at other Choice Hotels for sure in the future, most of the time it's a wonderful experience with the top hotels they have: Comfort, Clarion, Sleep Inn etc.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the interstate highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Romulus P
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights because of all the things we wanted to do in Phoenix and because we got a good rate. Our room was spacious and we especially liked having a microwave, refrigerator and comfy bed. The bathroom was also roomy with lots of counter space for all of our stuff. However, they really need to get busy keeping their floors clean. The hallways needed to be vacuumed and the old stains cleaned. The tiled areas, including the elevators should be mopped on a regular basis. The small guest laundry machines worked just fine but the floor and counter hadn't been cleaned in a while. Fortunately these areas did not smell bad, they just need attention! Our bed linens and towels were fine but there were old stains on the upholstered lounge chair in our room. There seemed to be plenty of housekeeping staff around, but I think it's a matter of management neglect. The hotel also provided decent breakfast options, but the "scrambled" eggs were a little strange (what we have also experienced at other Choice Hotels). I wouldn't mind staying there again but would hope that management does something about the floors!

Room Tip: This hotel is far enough from the main roads to not have a road noise issue.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple