“Great value”

Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #96 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I recently stayed here for a couple of nights and was very pleased with the hotel's location, the amenities, the cleanliness of the hotel in general and the room in particular. The front desk staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Parking was no problem, even though the hotel was fully occupied. The breakfast was a decent blend of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
CSPhxGM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Phoenix North, we would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our property during your recent visit. We take pride in the services we provide to each and every one of our guests.

We can't wait to see you again on your next visit!

Jose Armijo
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Right off I17 at Metrocenter, next door to Sweet Tomatoes (so convenient!). It's in a business corridor and so is quiet at night.

Unlike a previous reviewer, my room was absolutely fine. It had everything I wanted and an absolute steal for the price I paid ($54.36 a night including taxes). It was classed as not a suite but it served my purposes very well and had a separate seating area. The bed was very comfy and the room was well appointed and clean.

There was no noise from the freeway. The young man who checked me in was very pleasant and very accommodating.

The breakfast was absolutely fine for this picky veggie.

I didn't use the pool but I did use the fitness centre. Three CV machines and some free weights gave me enough of a workout for the start of my holiday.

Would I stay here again - in an instant!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jb012
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent location and clean rooms with a hot breakfast and an indoor pool.

The hot breakfast includes two different waffle irons (one large waffle or 4 round small ones) with two different waffle mixes (spiced and normal), biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, cereal, toast, pastries, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt and more.

The pool is on the bottom floor in the same hall with the guest rooms (might be a little noisy if you have a room next to it, but I don't know since our room was down the hall a ways). The pool is small, but you could do short laps.

We had five people, so we used the two beds and the fold-out couch (with provided bedding). We all slept well.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room away from the freeway. Thin-ish walls means you can hear the freeway noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Owen50
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my 6th stay at here and it continues to have the best service, most comfortable beds and nicest people. New to the staff is McKenzie and he was extremely helpful when we arrived. The hotel had been completely booked the night before and housekeeping was still cleaning the rooms at 5:30 when we got there, and McKenzie personally went from room to room talking housekeeping, to find me a king bed in a room that had already been cleaned and to make sure no one had smoked in the room. This is a non-smoking hotel, but people still smoke in the rooms some tines. I really appreciated the help and concern after a long day's drive. This continues to be my go-to hotel in Phoenix!

Room Tip: There's a big dog park near by and a great stretch of grass just across from the hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Following our flight in from Pennsylvania, my wife and I were cordially greeted by the front desk person. She was very nice and made us feel welcome. Our room was nice and cool as we opened the door, much appreciated since it was 110 degrees outside. The following morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with enough items to please all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Before I made reservations (I am a choice member), I called to confirm that the room I was booking, was indeed a “nonsmoking room”. I was assured that ALL of the rooms were NS. When I arrived, and opened the door to the room, there was no mistaking a strong smoke odor. I advised the front desk, and a very nice staff person, came to the room and sprayed the AC filter and the drapes. This did no good. They did offer to change my room, but as I am partially disabled, the room offered would not work for me. By the way, many of the rooms had a “no smoking room” sign on them but a few did not (mine included). If they recently changed to “All Nonsmoking” they should remove the drapes and furnishings, from the formally “smoking rooms”.
I stayed 2 knights (Monday and Tuesday). One of the reasons that I stay with this group, is so that I can get a quick breakfast, before leaving for the day. On the first morning, eggs and sausage were stone cold, even though they were in a “warmer”. On the second morning, same was true, plus there was no syrup for the waffles, empty coffee, and no jelly. I advised the front desk. A woman came out and informed me that they “were out of several items”, and besides that, “breakfast would soon be over at 9AM” (it was 8:15AM). I do not understand why someone could not go to a local store (on a Wednesday morning), in the heart of Phoenix, and re-stock.
I also tried the exercise room, and found that it was more like a sauna, as the air conditioning had not been installed correctly (I am an experienced contractor, as well as an owner of a restaurant, in downtown LA).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Dennis S
CSPhxGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Dennis S.,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The only + on this place is the beds are comfortable if you like soft beds. The rooms are ok.The bathroom in the room smelled of urine. The indoor pool is not well maintained. It had a stink to it, mold in the cracks of the floor and the light was really dim fluorescent. To check out there was nobody at the desk but just a sign that says to go down the hallway and call. You go down the hallway to call and a kid on the other side of the wall picks up the phone and comes and checks you out. This is what I would call a Motel 6 experience, not a comfort suites experience. Not coming back. It'll cost you $60 or so, and is not worth half that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our room and the pool on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff to ensure we address your concerns.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Phoenix.

Kind Regards,