“Excellent Service”

Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Paramount, California
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

From the moment i walked in the hotel i felt welcomed and at home. The front desk clerk Kara acknowledged us when we walked through the door. Made sure all of or special needs where accomidated. Kara was also very friendly she helped me with the computer because I was having some minor issues accessing the internet. Which I feel should be upgraded. There are to many restrictions on sites that should not be restricted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tucson
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ours was a combined trip ... business and pleasure. From the moment we made reservations on-line, the service was exceptional. An error on our part was quickly and easily corrected by phone and minor questions at the site were cheerfully addressed. Although all the staff were great, we want to especially thank "Megan". She assisted us by phone prior to arrival, then greeted us when we arrived. Megan quickly corrected a small problem with our room (#122) and left a very sweet thank you note for us at check-out. She is an exceptional asset to the company and when we return we'll hope to see her again. The breakfast service was better than most. Choices were excellent and everything was clean and stocked. Thank you for a nice 2-day visit.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the East end are close to convenient entrance and curb parking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Southern California
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After working on Monday here in Southern California I drove to Phoenix with my wife, daughter and grandson. We had personal business to take of in the area on Tuesday. We arrived around 6:30 pm. I will say that the young lady working the front desk was very nice and helpful. That is about all I can say that was good. First thing I noticed was a sign on the frotn desk that said the spa was permanently closed. Made me wonder what happened to cause that!

When we got to the room I was immediately struck that it did not look freshly cleaned. The beds were rumpled as if someone had sat on them since they were made. There was a slight scent of cigarette smoke in the room so I went to open the window. I noticed the screen was bent as if someone took it off so that they could smoke out the window. I then noticed the smoke detector hanging from the ceiling by its wires. As we got more settled in in noticed debris on the floor in various places. Part of a black elastic cord left laying on the floor by the front door, under the suitcase rack was a piece of candy and some other piece of debris, nearby was two black plastic sticks of some kind, under the sink in the bathroom was various crud, between the bed and the nightstand I found yellow crumbs of some kind and then when I opened a dresser drawer I found a large pile of yellow food crumbs. We notice the message waiting light flashing on the phone. When I checked it was for someone named Shonice and was left at 11:30 that morning. My wife was going to take a bath but when she got in there she noticed black spots on the side of the tub, so she passed. I checked and found they were chips (damage) to the tub. Then I noticed we did not have a remote control for the television. I called the font desk and was told "I will try to find one, but we don't have enough to go around." Really? She did find one and brought it a little later. Had we not been so tired, and had a fussy toddler, we would have left and gone elsewhere. Finally...after I began to sneeze and get a runny nose I noticed that my pillows were down filled. I travel a great deal and stay in many hotels. Due to the high number of people with allergies to feathers, I cannot think of the last hotel I stayed in that had down filled pillows...until yours. You should alert guests that some pillows are down filled and others are not.

I sent an email to Choice Hotels with my complaint. They said they were forwarding it to their custmer service department. Have not heard back from them. I sent an email to the general manager of that Comfort Suites with pictures attached. No response. I'd recommend staying away from this place. I saw a review from February saying the place was not clean....it hasn't improved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bawbo

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Springfield, OR.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

OK, so this was my first trip to Phoenix for any extended duration. Took my Mom with me for 10 days of Spring training baseball. Selected this hotel for its central location, free hot breakfast, and reputation that 'Comfort Suites' has with me. I am a regular at the Comfort Suites in Tukwilla WA. and I love it there.
The Metro Center Comfort Suites is a little older than usual, and it is showing some of its age. Clean, well maintained, good value, convenient location, and friendly people with few distractions are always what I look for in any stay especially when it is this long.
GOOD:
This hotel has a very friendly staff. Thanks to Jessica for giving some excellent service when it was needed. When I needed something or some assistance, she was there to help. She just doesn't know where the nearest Costco is. But she'll look it up for me. (Inside joke - Tip her with regular Cheetos, not the hot ones) Kudos also to Megan, Linda our breakfast lady that tried to keep up with the morning crowd, and Kelly (the GM) too. Prices are reasonable.
No exterior noises to keep you awake even though the freeway can be seen from your window.
Very good location. Near shopping, restaurants, and central location to most spring training facilities.
NOT SO GOOD:
Like my Tukwilla Comfort Suites, the Metro Center CS is a little hard to find if you are not familiar with the area. But once you get there it is not really a problem. Our room was on the ground floor located very close to the pool, and I almost slipped in the hall from a wet and very slippery floor. Again once I knew what to look for, it was just an inconvenience. Consider putting some rugs and towels down in the pool area, to reduce water in the hallway.
Fitness room is an afterthought. TV would not work, area was way too small. Used the fitness room once.
Breakfast in the morning is a bit of a hassle. Breakfast area is just too small. Many times the place would be packed with people spilling out into the main lobby.
Corner of the bathroom on the ceiling we had a water leak from upstairs. Once I mentioned it to the staff, the next day while we were gone, the leak was fixed. They just need to clean up the ceiling now.
Mentioned on one of the last days a light bulb was out. Did not get fixed. The following day when we were checking out I mentioned the light had not been replaced, and the maitanance man was right there. Apparently he was given the wrong room #.
CONCLUSION:
My thought if I were to read this review is, 'would he go back there again?'

Yes, I probably would. It makes sense to usually stick with what works, and this works. I might consider something closer to a particular ballpark If I wanted to see just one or two places, but we went to 10 games inside 5 different fields over 10 days, and in that respect location is important. And the Metro Center CS has location. I love the friendly staff. and the value is there. Hope to see you next year Megan.

Room Tip: Avoid downstairs near the pool unless you have kids. Hallway floor can be slippery near elevator. S...
2 Thank Catzwisker
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good stay, but a little noisy due to road noise that comes through the windows, but seems to be common in this temperate part of the world - single-paned windows. Beds were comfortable. Fitness Center was good and used by us daily. It was easy enough to get from hotel to ballparks, easy access to major highways and roads.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room Tip: Every time we've stayed in Phoenix, outside noises seem to persist - doesn't matter where we...
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 1, 2013

After such good reviews on TripAdvisor, I was expecting much better. I travel with a group, and we're in hotels every week. Usually Comfort Suites are great. Not this time. The staff handled the problems well, but I'm sorry, I want clean rooms!

Pros:
They let us check in early.
Staff handled the switching of rooms well.

Cons:
Only one luggage cart, and they couldn't even find it.
Two of our non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke. We had to switch rooms.
One room's bathroom drain didn't work.
Our king comforter was horribly stained in multiple places and had several long black hairs. The blanket underneath did as well. We pulled both off the bed.
Overall, the hotel is dated and dirty.

This location is a disgrace to Comfort Suites chain. Fix it up, or change your name to Quality Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LarkNag
CSPhxGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
First and foremost I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this kind of occurrence is not the usual for our hotel. Please rest assured that we are going over all these issues with our housekeeping staff and are retraining them on areas that are necessary. I want to thank you for your honest feedback, as it is only with feedback from guests like you that we are able to improve to give our guests the best hotel experience possible. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you in the future. If you have any plans to return to Phoenix in the future, it is our hope that you would return to our hotel and give us a second chance to WOW you.