“Great location, Great manager, Great food options”

Courtyard Phoenix Camelback
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
New York City, New York
“Great location, Great manager, Great food options”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice bar for pay in lobby, good service, great manager of front desk Paul, who is happy to share trips options and opinions, drinks for pay in lobby, pleasant comfy rooms, nice decor, was a lovely experience, helpful staff, clean clean clean, nice rooms facing pool in courtyard, will come back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler S
cy_phxcc_gm, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for letting others know about your great experience at our hotel! Paul is one of our many valued associates and he provides great customer service to every guest every day! We are pleased to have him on our team. At this time of the year the courtyard pool becomes an exceptional place for meals and relaxing! The team will be pleased to know your found the hotel very clean and comfortable as that is our goal! There are so many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel it is a perfect location for guests all year long. We look forward to another visit when you are in Phoenix!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Came to Phoenix in October and stayed a night in the Camelback/Biltmore area. This hotel is perfectly located in the Collonade mall, walking distance to the Nordstrom Rack and other stores, and next to several good restaurants (Five Guys, Potbely Sandwhich, a Mexican place etc), and a few blocks to theater, more restaurants and the financial center of Phoenix, and only a few miles to downtown. The Courtyard has really reinvented itself, with the new check in desks which were fast and easy, the business center where you can print your boarding passes, the bistro market in the lobby where you can get food and Starbucks easily, and also the giant TV for sports fans. Outside is the big pool and jacuzzi. The room is beautiful! I love the deep maroon/burgundy colors and the red/gold wallpaper. Internet is free and fast, love the coffee, the beds/pillows are comfortable. The rooms also had a small patio where you can look out to the pool. There ia a couch, large workspace, fridge and microwave. Definitely good for families or large groups. This is even better than some of the full service Marriotts I have been to who charge for internet, parking and have no fridge or microwaves!
Temperature controlled AC is great for Phoenix which is always hot even in October.
Highly recommended-would love to come stay here again!

Room Tip: Room with a pool view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Your review says it all for others to read and get to know how central we are in Phoenix with many venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Our parking lot and mall have much to offer as well. We are proud to be a part of the Marriott family of brands and feel that the reinvention of our Courtyard Brand does serve what guests are seeking in a hotel experience. Please stay with us again on another visit to the Valley of the Sun!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a great hotel! From the moment we checked in my group and I were very pleased. Paul at the front desk was so kind and very accommodating. The hotel itself is in great shape and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. When myself or any of my team members are in town again we will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abby D
Whether you are here for business or a pleasure trip, we are pleased to offer a great hotel for our guests. Paul is an asset to the team as his customer service skills are exemplary! He likes what he does and it shows in his interactions with our guests. With the Starbucks beverages available throughout the day and breakfast and evening meals available, we find our guests appreciate having informal meetings in the comfortable lobby area or at the courtyard and pool. it will be a pleasure to have you and your team return to stay with us for future visits to your company. Thanks for your review.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I came to Phoenix for business and stayed at the Marriott Camelback. From the minute I checked in I was impressed with the hotel. The gentleman at the front desk who checked me in was very polite and professional. My room was perfect for a long stay. Couch, refrigerator, microwave. I was there 10 nights and enjoyed every night I was there. It was great the bistro served Starbucks coffee. I had a few chances to enjoy the pool, whirlpool and courtyard. Fitness room came in handy for down time.. And laundry room was cheap and efficient - just remember to bring quarters! No complaints about the room or hotel in general. Will definitely keep this place in mind if I'm ever in Phoenix again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rashida03
We are pleased to know you were happy with your recent stay at our hotel and found the team to be friendly and professional. Of course we are proud to be a part of the Marriott family of hotels and with our location in Central Phoenix, our guests are able to access all parts of the city as the freeway access is within a couple of blocks of the hotel. With the fitness room, laundry room and great outdoor patio, guests find we offer something for everyone. Guests are able to enjoy Starbucks beverages and meals in the comfort of their room or in the spacious lobby area. Since you were here an extended time, perhaps you were able to take advantage of the great restaurants and shopping in the mall we are located in. Of course, the fabulous Biltmore Shopping Mall is 4 blocks away and adds numerous stores and great restaurants too! Thanks for letting others know how impressed you were. We do hope to see you on another visit to Phoenix!
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed two nights, arrived when temperature was 116 degrees and the next morning it was over 90 at 7 AM. A/C was more than adequate. The room had two queens in the bedroom and a TV in each room. While the furnishings were somewhat dated, they were clean and met our needs. Free Wi-Fi, fitness center and parking. Soundproofing was sufficient and housekeeping performed their tasks well.

Located centrally, upscale shopping and restaurants were just outside the door.

Staff was friendly and very accommodating. This hotel's lobby has been updated to include the Bistro concept for quick meals on-site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 12Nick
cy_phxcc_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
What good news it is to learn that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations! Courtyard hotels have so much to offer our guests in the way of comfort and customer service. We love having guests be able to enjoy the Greater Phoenix even in the heat of the summer months. The Bistro is a favorite of many guests along with the Starbucks beverages. Add to that our location is so convenient to many types of shopping and numerous high-quality restaurants. Please come back again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Most Courtyards are similar--same 3-level exterior, same modern lobby / bistro / market setup and same decor in rooms. They have similar pluses too--free Wi-Fi, free parking, a 24-hr fitness center, and a free business center. This Courtyard is similar to other Courtyards and has all those Courtyard benefits.

There are a few areas where it could have been better though. The room was pretty cool, but I wish the A/C got the room a little cooler given Phoenix's desert heat. Service was friendly but not as friendly as other Courtyards I have been to (customer service is consistently great at Marriott brand hotels).

This Courtyard does feature exceptionally reasonable room rates, but that might be more of a reflection of the area. Lots of Marriott brand properties in the Phoenix area are very reasonably priced. Given that, you may want to stay at a full service hotel or one located in Downtown Phoenix over this perfectly fine hotel.

Pros: Very reasonable weekend room rates, free parking, free business center, free Wi-Fi, comfortable rooms and good lounge areas in both the indoor and outdoor areas, located in a shopping and dining plaza so there are things to do within walking distance

Cons: A no frills hotel, A/C worked okay, but I wish the room was cooler given the Phoenix heat

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your candid view of our hotel. Our seasonal rates do attract many guests to the area in the off-season. My apology for the A/C not meeting your expectations during the heat of the summer. As you know each unit functions for one room only. It is my hope that you reported that to the team so we could make certain that unit is in tip top condition. Courtyard guests have come to appreciate the standard and consistent look and feel of our hotels. With the new designs throughout the country, there are similarities plus decorative pieces that make each hotel unique. Clearly the intent is to be fresh, modern and to serve our guests. As with everything, it starts with great customer service. While I would like to see that our team was exemplary, I appreciate your feedback so we can address any necessary changes with our delivery. Thanks for being our guest!
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I requested an early check-in when booking on-line, and up to this point as a gold elite holder have been accommodated at every Marriott property. Upon arriving, I was told my King room wasn't available and my options were to take a double room or wait 2 and a half hours. I chose to wait, and walked to a restaurant and spent a couple hours there. When my time was up, I arrived back at the hotel and checked in. I went to my room and to my surprise found a guest sleeping in the bed! I went back to the front and explained what happened. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic and assigned me another room. This room was a downgrade from the previous room (I went from having a balcony overlooking the pool to a corner room with a limited view) At this point, I just wanted a room and wasn’t going back to the lobby to request the same type of room which I originally had.

Housekeeping was above average.... Front desk staff was welcoming each time I entered the property. Breakfast was decent and reasonably priced (With the exception of the overpriced 20oz bottle of Aquafina water that cost $2.75 - guess its supply/demand in Arizona)

Room Tip: Remember that Phoenix is hot.... if heat bothers you, don't get a room on the 4th floor. It took...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Your check in was certainly not what we expect at our Courtyard! I am so very sorry you were inconvenienced . It is our intention to honor every request for an early check-in and we make the best effort to do so. Sadly, some of our guests extend their stays at the last minute which puts us in a difficult situation for the incoming guests. Please accept my apology. On a good note, thanks also for not letting that experience color your entire stay. I am pleased you were happy with the team, the cleanliness and the meals. Please stay with us again when you are in Phoenix and choose Marriott hotels when you travel!