“One of the newly remodeled Courtyards, great consistency”

Courtyard Phoenix Camelback
Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This one is tough to find, it's hidden in a shopping center behind a mall and the location is kind of awkward.

This is the second time I've stayed in one of the newly remodeled Courtyards, and I really dig what they've done with the lobby and rooms. Great consistency with the layout, design, etc. The lobby is open and bright and it's a great spot to catch up on work, surf the web, etc. The interactive flat screen TV is cool too. Basic but nice.

The staff was great, the food I had was mediocre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey/feedback via TripAdvisor on our hotel in regards to your most recent visit to the Phoenix area. I understand how important time is and I as well as my team at the Camelback Courtyard by Marriott truly appreciate your comments.

I apologize that our hotel was somewhat difficult to find for you when you originally arrived. We understand how much of an inconvenience this could be when coming into a different city. I’m happy to inform you that we are actually awaiting new signage to add to our current selections for our hotel that directs you to our main lobby. With the addition to the new Nordstrom Rack building to the Town & Country Center that is located adjacent to our hotel, it has become difficult to see the porte cochere and our main doors.

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the new Refreshing Business model we’ve converted to for Courtyard by Marriott. We are receiving great reviews for it and we are happy that we are able to cater to our travelers needs with the new design.

I would like to also apologize that the food offered in our Bistro did not meet your expectations. If you wish to share with me your exact feedback regarding this, I welcome you to contact me at your convenience. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and service throughout.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to be able to service you in the future on your next trip to the Phoenix area.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott International 602-293-2020

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent one night at Courtyard Camelback and while my experience was limited since it was such a short stay, I was impressed by the service and had a very pleasant stay. The neighborhood is non-descript, surrounded by strip malls, chain restaurants and generic office buildings. It's perfect for a business traveler.

I had a standard king room which was obviously recently updated. Very clean and well-appointed. Aside from the bed, there was a love seat with coffee table and a work (desk) area with a flat-screen TV. The bathroom had a separate tub/toilet area from the sink. In the sink area, there was an additional counter with a coffee maker and a small fridge and microwave. Nice touches. Bed, linens and bath products were as expected in a Marriott property. In addition, there was a hair dryer, iron and ironing board.

The interior rooms face a courtyard with the pool area. There is also a hot tub. The exterior rooms face random office buildings and parking lots. The property is set back from the major roads, so my exerior room was quiet even if the view was dull.

There were two stand-outs with the property. First was the small bar/bistro in the lobby. Serves Starbucks-style coffee/drinks/snacks but also offers a small but good light meal menu with things like sandwiches, chicken wings, etc. It is also a full bar. I decided to have a quick bite after a film event in the evening and had a drink and chicken wings which were surprisingly excellent. Based on that nice snack, I decided to have breakfast there the next morning. Again, simple but very good. There is an outdoor seating area which was a very pleasant place to have breakfast.

The second stand-out was the overall customer service. Everyone, from the front desk to the bar/bistro staff, was friendly and helpful.

Complementary newspapers were offered in the lobby. There was WiFi in the lobby, bistro area and the outdoor seating areas. In addition, there were three computers for guest use in the lobby (one was just for printing out airline boarding passes.)

I can't really speak to the "value" since I used Marriott points for my stay but the rewards point category for the property, which usually correlates to its price-point, is a moderate level.

Room Tip: Interior rooms face the pool area and have balconies/patios.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I trust that you made it to your next destination with little to no challenges. Thank you for taking the time to complete such a review on our hotel and it's services. I will surely share your comments with my team.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We are proud of our new Bistro concept that we've adopted with Courtyard by Marriott and even prouder to know that when the commercials air on national television, we can say that this is truly our hotel. Now you can say that you personally stayed at that particular hotel where that commercial was filmed.

Thank you again for sharing such feedback on our services. If I can ever be of any assistance to you with your future hotel accommodations within the Phoenix area, please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was really expecting something a little bit nicer.

Bathroom was really old and worn, as well as the carpet. So it didn't feel nice to take off my socks :(. The location was ok, but overall it was average.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Greetings from the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard,

I wanted to reach you to thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with our property. I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I am also somewhat dissappointed that our recent renovation did not appeal to your liking.

If you would like to speak with me in more details regarding your visit, please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Mar

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed 2 nights , found the hotel very conveniently located , however pricey, especially if you include breakfast.
Clear and bright lobby, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Pricey but conveniently located
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on our hotel from your recent visit. I trust that you made it to your next destination with little to no delays.

We are thankful for the kind words you've shared about our hotel product. I can only hope that the services you received and amenities we have to offer outweighs the pricey feel you mentioned. If I can be of services to you upon your next trip to the Greater Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me in advance and I'd be more than happy to assist. We can even look for perhaps a lower priced rate for you.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The setting is lovely. My room was on the second floor facing the pool and had a balcony with a chair and table. From my balcony I had a view of the mountains. Room was very nice, standard for what I expect from Marriott. Housekeeping was especially early (rather than tardy like some hotels) and cheerful. Location is fantastic...I walked to do my shopping and dining. My only complaint had to do not with the hotel, but with the thoughtless guests above me who carried on a boisterous conversation at 2:30 a.m. I finally called the front desk; the staff shut them down within 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains; if that's not available, ask for a pool view; court...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I hope that all is well with you and yours and that your travels leaving the Phoenix market were uneventful. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our hotel and it's services from your visit with the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I especially want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to share this feedback as I can appreciate our time today and the fact that we do not always have the time to respond to matters as these.

We will be sure to share your experiences with our staff and learn from any opportunities for the future. I am sorry to hear that you were awaken at such an odd hour. I am pleased to see that we were able to resolve it within a relative short matter of time.

If I can be of any future assistance to you with your travels to the Phoenix area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here for a girls weekend in Phoenix. The double suite with the pull out sofa was perfect for the three of us. It was a simply appointed room, very minimalistic, and clean. Two beds in a separate bedroom, small bathroom, living room area, and a tiny balcony.
There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the living area, but no sink, and just two glasses. The room was just near the elevator, but apparently all of the suites were. All rooms overlook the pool as well. It is a nice garden area with a good pool, but it is surrounded by hotel, so all the sound is amplified. And the pool opens at 0600, and plenty of parents let their children run screaming to the pool at 0601. So don't stay here if you are looking for peaceful.
The walls are very thin, and I am pretty sure we heard every noise coming out of our neighbors.
The coffee maker in the room is awful... so they offer free coffee in the lobby, but it is not always full. Since they charge you for Starbucks just across the lobby, I figure they lure you to the lobby with the offer of free coffee, but figure you will drop the two dollars if it is empty and pay. It worked... anything was better than the room coffee.
There is a small yogurt shop in the adjacent shopping center... it was very good!
Parking was easy, but the entire place is behind a shopping center, and off the road... it is just an odd layout with the location, pool, and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank vacationx2

Greetings from Phoenix,

I trust that you had an uneventful trip to your next destination when departing the Phoenix market. I thank you for choosing our hotel for your destination within the Phoenix area.

I'm sorry to hear that you're weekend wasn't as up to the complete satisfaction as you expected. I am very thankful for you sharing your feedback on your experience. I understand how critical our time has become these days and we thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete this feedback on our hotel and it's services as these are truly learning opportunities that we share with our team regardless of level of satisfaction.

I apologize that you were disturbed by the guests using the pool early in the morning. I hope that we were able to respond to this matter in a timely fashion if you shared this with the desk.

If I can be of any assistance to you or if you would like to speak with me in person regarding your visit, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I truly hope that this recent experience does not pursuay you from choosing Marriott in the future for your upcoming travels.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was in Phoenix for a week on business, and I wanted to stay the weekend on my own dime to explore and do some hiking. When work was over I moved to this hotel for the weekend. I'm a loyal Marriott patron collecting my points and occasionally getting those free nights when I travel. For me, this place was a perfect fit. The location was good as it was close to Camelback mountain, which was a great hike.

The hotel itself is perfect. The rooms are nice and clean and well decorated. The pool in the courtyard is well maintained with lots of chairs and a towel service. There are nice cushioned seating areas in and around the pool that are shaded. Those are great places to have a drink, do some reading and stay out of that hot sun.

Just by chance, there is an LA Fitness right next door, and I do mean right next door. I just happen to be a member so this was a fantastic bonus for me.

The only gripe, and it has been repeated before, is that they still do not have wi-fi access in the rooms. Wired access only for your laptop, but that renders my wi-fi only iPad useless. They have wifi in the lobby and common areas. The signal was weak out by the pool and came and went which was annoying. But this is still minor.

There are a ton of restaurants of all classes close by, and you have fast access to the highways to get where you want to go.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the courtyard and the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wynchesster
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to reach out to you to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel product and services at the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to accomplish your goals this weekend regarding hiking and other opportunities in the immediate area of our hotel. We thank you for the kind words you've shared about our hotel and it's services. I will be sure to share this with my team.

I can also appreciate your feedback regarding the lack of wireless internet within the guest rooms as today we only provide this feature within the lobby and public space areas. I am, however, happy to share that we understand your feedback and we are actually in the process of adding the feature of wireless internet access throughout our hotel, including the guest rooms. We anticipate this occurring within the next several weeks.

Please feel free to share with me any other feedback you have regarding our property. If I can be of any assistance to you with your upcoming travels to the Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. All the best to you and yours and thank you for choosing Marriott!